I want this:

if u really dont want a full face, (which i think you would get used to after a bit) go for a flip front paivi, the roof helmets are wicked from all the people i know that wear em, cant really ride with them up at speed tho, reckon it would take the helmet off! think they look pretty cool too

as for the earings etc, gave up caring about jewellery after someone showed me some pictures of what could happen to your fingers and ears if u take a spill wearing rings earing etc, and havent worn me jewellery since. and i havent been without my rings and bracelets ever, feels odd without. but reckoned it would feel odder without the finger to wear it on. also gave up on the idea of style and saftey pretty quickly, esp even more so after my hunt for leathers at the nec, wish i’d got a pic of the baby bikers leathers, flori green lettering all over “speed demon”… mmmmm, perhaps not.

pick up my new helmet 2mora. soooooooooo excited is that sad ?

I do like the look of that lid with chin gard/bar and if its like Babyj said then it shouldn’t be too worse off then a full face lid, but I would have to see one up close first.

Get an Arai please please I met ya on Friday at Frith wanna see ya down Frith again had a 30mph get of slid down road on front chin bar on helmet took most of the road rash I would hate to think what would have happened if it was not there you will get used to them trust me. As for ear rings I have them with no probs.

mmm nice lid but open face aren’t safe. I used to work with a girl that used to ride a Buel and she always wore an open face lid. She hated full face ones. One morning I got called out of work and saw her in teh road face down where a car had knocked her off. She had smashed her nose in lost 2 teeth and very badly cut open her chin. Trust me it’s just not worth it.

Being an “older rider” have had the benifit of both the open face and full face helmets, Still hate riding with the visor down as it gets so claustrophobic at times and always open the visor at slow speeds which I know isnt a good idea but I do. You must get a full face if you want to keep your looks as described graphically by some people on the site. But you dont have to get an Arie, look around fora helmet that suits YOU, dont pay over the odds for a helmet you dont like. I’ve got a Caberg. just the same as a roof but half the price. And in the MCN tests was better than the roof it looks like. saying that the vision still isnt as good, but after sliding off on some diesel the other week as i had the visor up the helmet didnt hit the floor only the visor did, Visor F**ked but helmet OK.

H

I’m with most of the others here, when I had my accident if I’d not been wearing a full face I would not have been as pretty as I am now .

Seriously I got slammed at 30 on a road which had just been pebble dashed, and hence the visor was down too, otherwise my face would have been very Ricky Martin or Bryan Adams right now…

Riding into London all the time ( Stratford to Holborn ), there are days I’d love an open face, or even a flip face, but then again it’ll be sods law it’s up or open when I come off.

Full face for me too. But don’t forget it’s not just Full V Open, it’s a Decent helmet over the cheap crap ones period !!! I never understand riders with

Bike - £7k
Leathers or Riding Gear - £800
Cheap Helmet as they ran out of cash - £60 - WHY !!!

i’ve got one of these,but in white and with BUELL on it and not HD, it great in the summer in london traffic, just flip up the front and breath…

http://a1276.g.akamai.net/7/1276/734/1d78322b6225e2/resource.harley-davidson.com/media/images/productphotos/MC/97212_02V_M_17c3f.jpg

Just spoke to some German dude from Schuberth…I’m still reserving my judgement but he did point one thing out…If you have a very heavy frontal impact with a good full face…be it Arai or Shoei blah,blah,blah…the chin area can crack on impact to absorb the impact ( why some people break their jaws ) The Schuberths J1 bar will not crack,break or bend…its a difficult one really

At the end of the day wear what your comfortable in…if youre not comfortable…then youre not concentrating…and thats when you crash…period

I know one customer…Gixxer K4…wears an open face!!! He always has and he always will…and thankfully the ‘Nanny State’ hasnt stepped in to stop him…if they do he will quit…

Heres the question though…how many of you have that lovely £500-400 Arai…all lovely and safe…but then wear jeans or trainers or maybe no gloves hmmmm…methinks most of us do or have at some point…why do we do it…'cos were comfortable

Whats the point in saving youre chin…teeth…if you loose a hand or foot from gravel rash!!!

I wear Arai 'cos they FIT me the best and i’m comfortable…the fact that its the best helmet in the world is a nice bonus

BabyJ: when do you think you’ll have those helmets in, or if you will? Did the German dude tell you where you can see any testing data (pref independent) to compare it to the full face ones?

Why do you think there’d be a problem with Autocom?

true, altho shaving down your ass isn’t as bad a prospect as shaving down your face with tarmac!

people rarely kiss my ass (no matter how many times I tell people to…)

do get a bit jealous when you see the guys in the states rocking around in a pair of shades and no lid (even if it is far more dangerous). when i’ve taken the bike out to check its in order round the carpark/private streets it felt like i was flying at 20mph without the plastic head surround…

We all like to be free to the elements.

I once (many moons ago) enjoyed a 500cc trials bike in Grenada (south Caribbean) whilst wearing only shorts, trainers and ray bans.

I can’t believe how stupid I was. But it felt AMAZING.

I didn’t know whether it was tears of joy or the wind in my eyes…

I’m of the belief that a full face helmet and decent gloves are an absolute minimum (even going 1/2ml). I virtually always wear race boots too which was just as well when some bloke turned into me as I filtered past him as he attempt a right turn on a No Turn Right. Muppet. My left boot got shredded, but it protected me enough in the process and I was able to do a track day the next day.

If a solid helmet front was an advantage. Don’t you think a £500 RX7 would have the same technology? It’s designed to deform and absorb the energy and not transmit it…

Hopefully you’ll never need any of this kit.

x