How the f*ck does it work

This is a good tool for increasing your online protection if you aren’t running Vista:

Has she changed her mobile phone lately ? Phones are full of personal details .

Mate

Someone once couriered a letter from Lagos to my UK bank with all my bank details, address - perfect copy of my signature - luckily they smelt a rat and phoned me to make sure I really did want to empty my account…if they had been less greedy they’d have got away with it for sure.

Scary stuff:w00t::w00t:

As to wireless security, I can crack WP2 within 24hrs on ANY router! Normally it can be done in 3-4 hrs.

As to getting into a bank account, phishing, keylogging, DNS spoofing are all easy ways to do it. The other road is gathering information that is publicly available - more time and effort but can be accomplished with the right tools and perseverance.

BTW DNS spoofing is very easily done with many of today’s modern routers as many of them have a bug in the software that permits this and from the Internet no less. Therefore, a good hack can get into your router, set up a re-direct to “his” DNS server and whenever you are looking for websites like your bank, social sites, etc; it is re-directed to their “fake” login page and gathers your information. Then the page says your login details were incorrect OR they send the login details to the site you were accessing as a proxy and continue to gather information. This is a type of “man-in-the-middle” attack and has been around for some time now (around two years for the DNS bug anyway).

If you really want to secure your wireless connections, one> get a router that allows VPN sessions. two> hardcode your DNS settings in your machines and router (not foolproof on the router as per above) three> secure your wireless via WPA2 and then VPN to your router, this creates an encrypted wireless connection that only sends a double encrypted packet (once for the VPN and secondly for the wireless).

While this is NOT completely secure it will go a long way on a limited budget, from the other side of security you can get into several thousands of pounds of equipment and have a really secure “wireless” encryption but none of this is any good if you get backdoored by a keylogger, malware, spyware, etc. or hit a phishing site.l

What he said:P

Rob, does this mean you’re not getting a new bike now the bank has spotted it?

He’s getting a Harley :stuck_out_tongue:

…assuming there’s plenty of packets for you to sniff, and the owner of said wireless doesn’t take objection to you sitting there for several hours. it definitely wouldn’t work on my connection as the only way to get close enough would be to sit on my property. if i was in i would notice, and if i wasn’t, there’d be no packets :smiley:

Thanks guys, been reading all your comments with interest, Firstly, both PC’s in my house are wired cat5 but router is a wireless one. running Microsoft security essentials on both Pc’s. I personally have never had any issues with online banking but this has opened my eyes. one thing i didn’t mention was the fact my daughter only had £76.00 in her account at the time:D but my account…well that’s a different story:w00t: Once again thanks guys;)

http://www.comodo.com <— if you’ve got no other security package on there. keep it updated every day.
http://www.windowsupdate.com <— assuming you’re running windoze
http://www.getfirefox.com <— assuming you’re currently using internet exploiter

the computer equivalent of a bike alarm, reasonable chain and datatag. won’t make it unbreachable, but will make the b*stards try the next, easier target…

with my lloyds account, there’s 2 passwords and the second one only uses 3 random characters out of it selected from drop down boxes so a key logger can’t log the input.
needless to say both passwords are more than just plain letters and normal words.

Actually - NO… I can break it without ANY Other connections being active. The method that I use only needs the wireless router to be on and available to accept connections. If you have a shared key that is a common word and eight characters or less, I can typically crack it in under an hour. If it is between 8 and 20 characters, roughly 3-4 hours. If it is a random letter, numerical, character key then a bit more time is needed BUT I DO NOT NEED anyone actively connected to it to get the shared key.:w00t::cool:

I’ll be keeping the cat5

Thought we`d start with her in the hope you would transfer funds.:smiley: