How many people will grass someone destroying a speed camera?

+1! NO SNITCHING.

The Dutch, always more organised for this sort of stuff, have a website with novel ideas and photographs of different ways for dealing with these things.

One I recall is to use the vent hole in the side and fill the cabinet up with self expanding foam. The result is a camera housing that looks like something from a Dali painting. Can’t find the site for the moment.

There is an English site too but we don’t appear to have been quite so inventive.

Balanced ?

I’m obviously one of the holier than thou freaks but I just can’t understand how someone with a bit of commen sense can’t work out that the money used to fix/replace these should be and could be getting spent on other things such as potholes etc.

I agree with you that they are used to raise revenue but if you are stupid enough to want to waste your own taxes then you are (imo) not balanced as you claim. As for supporting crime, upright and solid is out the window too.

Thing is…the budget they use to repair potholes is different from the ones that are used to repair/replace or input new cameras. The revenue from the cameras is there to be put towards the up keep of them.

Well, working in an organisation that relies on set budgets which are on occasions overspent … where does the overspend come from ?

you have to overspend to get more budget, otherwise your budget gets cut no? So it makes no difference if we burn the cams. So burn dem cams!

thing that really bugs me is when they are just round a blind corner on A3 or suchlike… it is DANGEROUS!!

Just causes people to panic-brake which then means there is a suddenly slower moving car just around a corner when you come round…

I see cars every day that are only doing 50 slam on their brakes “just in case” they are doing more…
Partly stupid drivfing… but def caused by cheeky-revenue-seeking placement of cameras.

Exactly my point, would you honestly not rather your money that you pay in tax to be spent on something better ?

QUOTE: “you have to overspend to get more budget, otherwise your budget gets cut no? So it makes no difference if we burn the cams. So burn dem cams!~”

Well that makes no sense! So if we burn them and they go overbudget… we will be helping them get a larger budget for next year to speand on… more speed cameras???

They’d probably spend it on that and making silly traffic calming areas rather than sort the roads.

Just dont speed its simple :doze:

:D:laugh:

what about using spray paint on the lens on a monthly basis till they get bored of cleaning it , it’ll cost the tax payers less to fix than a burnt one , and who knows maybe they wont even notice it for a while

ummm they’ll prob go over budget by putting in some new cams or higher tech cams anyway… we cant stop them spending our money. they are the government, thats what they do.

That youtube video is excellent

+1

I’d also donate my old tyres. These machines are nothing more than revenue generators … NOTHING MORE!!!

They have been proven to increase accidents …

You see the camera. You look down at speedo. You realise you are 5MPH over the limit and apply brakes, just as the guy behind you is looking down at his speedo. We know what follows here, it’s not rocket science is it?!!

Burn 'em all.

well they did invent the poxy things!:smiley:

do what ya like to them for all i care!
they are easy to spot, tho in places you are not familiar with they cant catch you out, but then so can unmarked or marked Police cars…

+1

I’ve always been confused by the budget ********…the fact that they have to over spend to ensure they keep their existing amount or get a raised amount. If they keep within their budget, its cut! The same Government tries to talk us out of borrowing beyond our means! :w00t:

Speed cam’s were ment to stop speeding in high crash area’s but then they found the income from them and then suddenly they were popping up everywhere. I think you should keep them in high crash area’s only.

As for destroying them well who’s to say thats right or wrong, not me. its got good things, no more speeding tickets, no more looking at your speedo instead of the road. bad things it will cost the tax payer more and in some case’s it will keep you at safer speeds.

I said it before and I’ll say it again. Speed cameras do not police the road, i’d rather see every speed camera replaced by a traffic officer. That would reduce the number of uninsured, untaxed and unlicensed people on the road.

It would also reduce the number of idiots on motorways who seem to think that undertaking on the hard shoulder at 90+ mph is acceptable.

Destroying cameras no doubt is fun and stress relieving but all it does is increase costs and therefore taxes.