how long can insurances debate fault?

there was a claim filed against me in may and its still not settled. both me and 3rd party claim we are not fault.

its now been 4 months! FFS

anything i can do to get the insurance companies settle this quicker?

also if unresolved i assume both parties are deemed at fault??

I think it can end up in court with a judge ruling an apportion of fault between parties. I’m not that experianced; but 4 months isn’t that long with these things. I think people on here have cases going on years…

faaaaking annoying!! 

Suppose the only flawed way of getting it ended is …
To admit liabilty …
Told you it was flawed though

We can consider a split liability outcome but at this stage we do are not considering that as we believe they are at fault. insurance crooks

ive been waiting two years now & still nothing

my document controller is about as good as a chocolate tea pot there not really solicitors I even had to email higher up the food chain & they reactions wasn’t a lot better

the best thing to do is to keep bugging them with emails & telephone calls

so until its resolved you have an open case an increased premiums?? #facepalm #fml

My last claim took 2.5 years before it went to court…

On plus side, my insurance left my no claims intact throughout. On the claim before that, they didn’t, but refunded me the difference when it was finally resolved in my favour. Still hassle, especially if you want to switch insurers in the mean time.

Me too, even though I paid for the repairs and the no win no fee company washed their hands of it… Bunch of cunts.

I had one where my company was making a claim against another driver when our car and his came together, he had no damage and ours had a completely dented wheel arch (about £1,500 damage). In the end (after 7-8 months) the company gave up the claim and paid themselves because the other party’s insurance did not even respond. 

In both damage only and injury claims, unless it is blatantly clear as to who was at fault, the third party insurers are entitled to a period of three months where they are allowed to carry out their own investigation.

At the end of this three month period they can either admit iability or deny liability.  If there is injury and liability is admitted, nothing much is going to happen until such time as all injuries have healed or at least healed as well as they are likely to.  Settle too quickly and before you have mended, I can guarantee your claim will be undervalued.  In minor injury cases you are usually looking for a decent solicitor to take between 12 and 18 months to settle.  The more serious the injury, the longer the settlement time.  Bear in mind that if you accept an early low offer and 12 months down the line you still have problems, you cannot go back and ask for more money.

In damage cases more straight forward, and you can start bringing pressure to bear.  However, if the Police were involved, this can delay things as it can take several months for them to send out case extracts once the case has been closed.  But insurers will often wait for the Police file as that often helps determine liability even though they do not investigate much these days.

If there was no police involvement, then think about threatening the insurance ombudsman.

thanks TC 

no injury to anyone (well i had a minor cut on my pinky but nothing to claim on) just very minor scrapes to my bike and her bumper

there are so minor that i told her i didnt think its worth getting insurances involved and to go our seperate ways. she then obviously changed her mind and put a claim through.

Police came to the scene as we were in the middle of the road, just to help us move along not sure if that counts as involvement or not?

Police came to the scene as we were in the middle of the road, just to help us move along not sure if that counts as involvement or not? Panagiotis
If the law was complied with (exchanged names and addresses, registration numbers etc, etc) then probably not.

I would suggest that you phone your insurers and ask for an update and if anyone says that they are not in a position to give you any information ask to speak to a manager of supervisor.  If you get no joy from that, tell them that you now wish to make a formal complaint.  They have a procedure they must follw once a formal complaint is triggered, and then you have the option of going down a more formal route with the insurance ombudsman

http://financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

tbh they have been quick to reply to emails, they say its the other party that is taking forever and are disputing liability.

tbh they have been quick to reply to emails, they say its the other party that is taking forever and are disputing liability. Panagiotis
They should still be chasing the third party.

They have had their statutory 3 months, so they should have at least by now advised your insurers whether or not they are admitting or denying liability.

If they deny liability, then it is I am afraid going to get dragged out.

2 years for non fault! Still waiting for the excess returned.
5 years for a non fault as well. All fully comp. good luck