Honda VFR1200 Test Ride

its a sportsbike nuff said :slight_smile:

The weight thing is quite a shocker when you start looking at it. The new Bandit 650s 253KG!!! WHY?

Well for the last 3 years or more my italian bike has a button the left hand controls that controls the display

stopwatch
split timer
ave mpg
actual mpg
2 trip meters
clock
air temp guage
miles since warning came on
time travelled
ave speed

when you hit reserve on the triumph you cant work out wether you have time and fuel to get to where you are goingā€¦ the display defaults to miles to empty and you lose the clock.

The triumph is a bit better than the old VFR but still old fashionedā€¦

But the Honda and the Triumph require you to stand there poking the dash to reset, not like the italian which allows you to reset as you ride along without taking your hands off the grips.

The Blade is a better sportsbike ā€¦ and is MUCH cheaper

The BMW is WAY better and costs a LOT less

For Ā£9k its not bad as a comfy sporting bikeā€¦ it doesnt have the range for a tourer ā€¦ you might as well buy a proper sportsbike and tour the petrol stations of euopeā€¦ A GSXR750 with those adjustable bars and Rentec luggage would be much cheaper and much faster with about the same tank range.

As it is the Sprint is faster and cheaper and the old VFR seems a bargain in comparison

At Ā£11k plus I am just wondering who would buy it and why

Thats not the case on the Sprint 1050 the Clock/Trip computer works out and displays a count down. it also displays ave mpg. and many other good features. I have found on a long touring trip the Triumph displays to be better than most bikes.

sorry my point was that it is a sportsbike dressed up as a tourer by adding luggage,not a tourer that can act as a sportsbike,you are quite right a Blade would be a better sports bike and a Pan would be a better tourer, its a shame Honda couldnā€™t follow in the spirit of the original VFR.

Thanks for sharing. Based on tank range Iā€™ll stick with my Triumph Sprint RS that will get at least 165 to reserve if Iā€™m a bit naughty and 200 miles to a 19 litre tank if I am good for longer rides.

It does indeed do all of those things and I have used one and it is better than nearly all Japanese bikes. That still makes it poor in comparison to a 3 year old Aprilia/Guzzi set up.

Try one of the modern Piaggio displays for a while and you will soon realise why even the Triumph is dated and the Japanese are way behind.

Honda/Yamaha appear to have lost thier way, through complacency, in many areas, check out the recent shoot out in MCN

R1/Blade/ZX10 in last 3 places
MV/Aprilia/BMW in the top 3 places

Thanks for the review, Steve, butā€¦ trade my 'Bird for thisā€¦ thing?

https://www.youtube.com/v/WTdO-w3xnpw&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Thank you, thank you very much :smiley:

i would not 115 miles to a tank na