Helmets...again!

After enjoying my X-Lite 602 & Shoei XR1100, both of which went out of use owing to crashes! I went on and got a Shoei Qwest…decent helmet, though my problem is it seemed to fit well and was comfy for the 15ish minutes I wore it at the shop…

Then I went off to ride and could not bear with the squeeze on the upper half of my head - and I cannot wear it for any longer than 45 odd mins…such a bugger as I obviously cannot change it and it appears my heads dimensions have changed since my 602 & XR1100:crazy:

So anyone else who’s not a Shoei head, X-lite or HJC head on here…what you wearing? I was going to consider the Cabergs & Schuberths for a start…

Cheers peeps.

The Shoei XR1100 and the QWest are for completely different shaped heads… as you found out. Your head hasn’t changed so don’t worry :smiley:

My brother was the opposite to you…

Can’t recommend anything because I’ve only had XR1100s (3 so far) and an MX helmet. What I will say is that HelmetCity have a few older models still left at good prices. I got a Diabolic Divinity for £269 :wink:

go see Ratty (I forget where he works). I hear he can help with stuff like that by changing the padding.

Ohh I did the padding bit to give me the snug fit around my cheeks - its the top half of my head that’s the problem as the shell of the helmet is “biting” into my head…

I feel sorry for you, I have the same problem. Have for the same reason RPHA10 for sale on eBay just now. No more than 30 min and top of my head on both sides hurts.

Anyway I found out that Shark 1000 fits ok, at the moment I have Schuberth S2 and it is perfect in every way, I guess for lighter sort of summer lid I have to go for SR1 as I strongly believe it will fits.
Before these ones that was NolanN85 which was very good as well.

Literally yesterday I have done a loot of trying and fitting, no much luck and no cheap option for me I guess. I found out that if helmet does not touching top of my head during first fit it will hurt latter on, it is matter of time, between 10-50 min.

Any questions let me know.

R

ps. handy shape list http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmet-shapes.htm

Look here for the Gov helmet safety info, quite revealing !

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:“Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:“Times New Roman”,“serif”;}

Ohh that RPHA10 is a lovely lid - tried it the day I bought the Qwest and it was lovely but had fitting issues with it…next time round I’ll be camping at the helmet shop all night and ensure the fitting is right!

have you had a good play with cheek pad sizes? the crown/center pad isn’t removable, so cheek pads would be the only poss way of relieving the pressure on your forehead.

Schuberth’s are very good helmets, if your after a good full face the SR1 or S2 take some beating.

if you want to try a few lids or Schuberth’s we have in stock,come and see me at Hein Gericke Gants Hill, we will find you a good but comfy fit :slight_smile:

I had a Caberg, then Xlite 701, now Shark. The Shark is more plush inside than the Xlite but in terms of comfort/fitting, the Xlite was perfect. I find the Shark is ok but drafty & the visor not so good visually in the wet/dark too.
Sometimes better to stick with what you know!

Nice one fella - I’ll come around at some point…