Helloooo! East London newbie, back on the saddle! Kinda....

Hello one and all,

Just wanted to say hello, just joined today :slight_smile: My name is Noe (or call me James(my middle name) or NJ or for those who can’t read “Neo” hehehe).  Looks like this forum has been around for donkeys years and lots of old and new members, so a wealth of knowledge to be learned here!

A bit about me(if you care),  I am a 37 year old Filipino, grew up in Australia, came to London 11 years ago on a Working Holiday visa, fell in love with everything, and never left…sorry about that.
Dont worry I am not dodgy hahaha, I am a legit permanent resident and soon to be an official British.  I work in IT but spend most of my spare time travelling, chilling out, having food or drinks with mates or at the gymbo…and soon hopefully more riding.

Even though I spent most of my childhood on two wheels(who didn’t), I didnt learn how to ride till I was 15, didnt get my learners till I was 18 and turned into a bit of a bikie(not a gang) back in Sydney till I got into a bit of trouble when I was about 22-23(cant remember any more). “Trouble” as in I almost died on in an accident, but that didnt stop me there, what did was a series of smaller incidents, not my fault, ie someone rammed me up the back writing off my bike, then my new bike being pushed over a few times by idiots around the neighbourhood etc, but what really broke the camel’s back was my mate being ripped apart by a semi then not long after me almost knocking over a fellow rider during a business trip in Adelaide with a car.  I thought that was it for me.  Apart from owning a little enduro in the Philippines for holiday purposes, I stayed away from regular riding…till 2 years ago.

Decided I finally couldn’t stand it any more, and seeing so many people in the Amalfi Coast one summer on Ducati Monsters, admittedly quite jealous…“I could ride that” I kept saying to myself,  I realised I needed to conquer my fear decided to get my CBT(my Aussie licence was long gone along with my confidence), got a little Aprilia Mojito 125…that feeling came back and I did away with my weekly oyster card and swapped it for tenner fuel every couple of weeks.  Two years have passed, since I couldnt afford to do a DAS, I looked for the best alternative on my L’s.  Last week I purchased a KTM Duke 125…SSOOOOOO GOOOODDD!!..however, geared bike in traffic is quite different to riding from riding a scooter, or on open roads and the occasional dirt roads in the Philippines, so Im still getting the hang of it again. I have planned a couple of solo rides, ie longer than my usual commute from East London to Mayfair in the next few weeks, before I join a group as I fear I will not be very confident.

Anyway thats me in a nutshell, if you are still reading this you must be a patient person, thanks hahahaha I have attached a photo of my new baby(dont worry I now have a full face helmet).

See you around, and maybe even in person for a ride.

Ride safe,

Noe

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

Now that is what you call an introduction
Hello and welcome

Great intro Noe. Welcome adoard mate! :smile::+1:

Thanks guys! Was a bit worried it was OTT but oh well, glad you liked it :slight_smile:

G-day, great name! Welcome and a great bike to start with.

Hello and welcome! That must be one of the most informative introductions I’ve seen so far :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard fella :) Nice introduction. Hope to meet you at a meet/ride-out.

Howdy Noe.

Happy Monday all :) (even though I spent a full hour whinging about having to get up at 6am this morning)
Thanks again for the warm welcome, glad you managed to get to the bottom of the post haha!

I already got some times for my first Solo ride, so quite excited about that.

@KTMJames: (Funny my middle name is James :) ) Thanks I am loving her more and more (I still take the Mojito to get groceries though haha) and cant wait take her out to the open roads.

@Jay: definitely!  I feel that I need to get my riding back to a respectable level first :)