Has anyone/knows anyone who has got done for speeding in a 20mph zone?

My inline 4 600cc is similar. An option would be to change the sprocket size to re-gear the bike. You may have to re-calibrate the speedo depending on where the sensor is.
I had my FZ6 running 2 extra teeth on the rear for a few years and that really helped the low speed stuff and punching out of hairpins in the Alps was great!! The only downside was my MPG went down lol

You can do without that, saw fuel prices at £2.20 a litre in a motorway service area recently.

1 Like

What are you riding?

My 748 was surprisingly good around 20 mph. Ducatis are often derided for their in-traffic performance but the 748 would comfortably pull from stationary in 2nd (if you were so inclined), it was smooth at 20, and would smoothly go on a lot further than 20 in 2nd. So town riding was easy.

My current Supersport (937cc) is much more lumpy and harsh at these low speeds and now I know why people say Ducatis are not good in traffic :slight_smile:

F700GS - but not riding it much at the moment

That surprises me. I was looking at side lining The 250 for a 798cc GS, @Geoff_B had one and it made good progress in the twisties and he always took on far less fuel than me at the fuel stops. From memory when I looked at the numbers I recall a 25% increase in fuel consumption at a cost of a 25% decrease in horses and torque which I could have lived with but if it needs to be in 1st gear through to 20 mph i don’t understand how those numbers stack up.

Hey I have the same problem! also F700 GS

1 Like

BMW run the 800cc Twin very lean which causes poor low revs the easyest way around it is to fit what they call a “booster plug”

it works by sending a lower value on the air termp which inturn the ECU incrases fuel, it doesnt increase fuel comsuption by a noticeble amount but it doesnt sort out the poor fueling

And Camden don’t let you in the buslanes (note - you are allowed in most TfL buslanes in Camden, but we’ve noticed that some new TfL buslanes don’t allow MCs even though it is TfL policy to give MCs access to buslanes) - so you can end up in the middle of the carriageway sticking to 20 with other vehicles whizzing past :frowning:

This scares the bejaysus out of me. It’s a regular problem around my way.

Yeah - me keeping to the limit on Camden Road heading towards Holloway at 9pm on a weekday. Cars whizzing up the bus lane inside mmy line, triggering all the gatsos - I can only assume the cars were not registered :frowning:

1 Like