got me a new toy....

Do you mean the guy who used to wear the tin hat and a dress? He was still about until a year or two ago but not seen him recently. :hehe:

Ahh, maybe not Mak then … never seen him wearing a tin hat or dress!! lol

This guy wasn’t always in a dress, he usually saved it for the summer, but the tin hat was always on. Used to re-paint his vehicles in different camouflage quite regularly, suppose he was hoping no-one would recognise him:w00t:

takes all sorts to make a world…but doubt I will be driving round wearing a skirt unless its my kilt which I do do on special occasions…

cool I will defo take you up on that offer mate.Also do you have to pay the congestion charge in that? as I’m sure battle tanks are exempt…

organise a ride out and your welcome…

LOL. Come to think of it I dont think I ever saw the driver.

Wow! Lovely looking AFV432 you’ve got there mate! :wink:
I used to drive these in the Army, even got up to the level of instructor! :cool:
If you want any tips or advice on maintainance, let me know. I can also show you a few driving skills etc… :slight_smile:
Also, you do need your tracked (H) licence to drive them on the roads, and I’d offer to be your instructor but my ticket ran out some years ago! :stuck_out_tongue:

yes I am told they arent difficult to get so will apply for my test that and get it sorted asap…i do want to drive it on road so your most welcome to come over and give me as many tips as posible…

Where did you buy it?:stuck_out_tongue:

Marcus Glen…he has a few cheap ones too, still good but need a lot of tidying…

I bought a Russian tank helmet off ebay a few weeks ago, be good to try it out for real if you pop over to BMM :slight_smile:

Attachments

Picture-5--8589659303405713308.png

They are well easy to drive, you may be able to pull off a few endo’s but no wheelies :w00t: Ive done abit of work on these things when i was posted over in germany, they are a real b*tch… lost a few spanners in the bottom of them. 4 bolts and a few pipes/cables conected on the front and then you can lift the whole pack(engine) out… may want a big f’off crane for that though… you can actualy get one with a crane on.

Would say if i end up at a unit that has them again i could get you spares on the down low but 1 im changing trades so its not likely and 2 they are changing the engines and steering in them to the same as in a warrior tank to increase there life by 10 years or so

yes the mk1/2 are unable to be changed I understand so they have let them all go and only moding the mk 2’s putting proper steering wheels in them.

Yep, instead of tillers

I’d be happy to pop over and give her a check over for you, just drop me a PM mate. :wink:
As for doing a Pack-Lift (Engine Lift) they were easy when you knew the shortcuts! I used to take my AFV436 (Comm’s variant) into the REME bays at 0800hrs and have the Pack (engine) out on the floor by 1000hrs, ready for my NAAFI break! :cool:
The main problem was always getting the last engine-bolt out from the rear of the engine, as it was a bastard to reach! Hence the reason why we never used to put them back in! :w00t:
I could sit and talk about them for hours, but I won’t bore you too much mate! :stuck_out_tongue:

you wont bore me…Pm sent

2Strokes – I’m in awe – that is an incredible bit of kit!

Was there a choice of colour schemes? :stuck_out_tongue:

as i have told everyone your all welcome to come and have a go…