Go outside and look at the moon

I’ll think you’ll find that he’s my lunatic, but I’m more than happy to lend him to you when he’s being a pedantic git.

Speaking of pedantry:

personally i tend to believe since the moon influence sea movement and we are 70% water based, we must feel the influence some way or another.

silveR6
It's got nothing much to do with water; the ocean tides are caused because the water has mass and that's what's affected by the movement of other massive bodies; the moon causes tides in the atmosphere and in the planet itself, too. 

So our being affected by it isn’t in question (we have mass, too), the question is why a slight daily change in the gravitational field we’re sat in would affect our behaviour on the occasions when it is slightly larger than normal.

Well the only thing I know is that weather and precisely pressure and humidity does affect my health, in particular my migraine pattern.

Erm…surely how much of the moon you can see does not affect the gravitational pull of it. It’s still there! :joy: Lol.

The moon has an elliptical orbit around the earth and hence around us. So there will be variations.

Well the only thing I know is that weather and precisely pressure and humidity does affect my health, in particular my migraine pattern. silveR6
Yep; high pressure gives me a headache... When it comes to gravitational pull; technically, I guess we can feel the gravitational pull of everything we can see in the nights sky, but the effect will be amazingly small.

okay but the gravitational pull of the moon is not affected by how much shadow of the earth on the surface of the moon can be seen. Right?

Right. It’s distance. Causes tides and the water in us.

Which is why I only attempt high jump world records at high tide.