Getting the SDR setup for touring!

We’ve got a road-trip coming up shortly, so time to set the Superduke R up for touring! I picked up the soft panniers today, which go quite nicely with the bike. I’ll definitely be using them, though there’s a problem; ATM the exhaust will almost certainly burn the right-hand pannier, so I’ve got some exhaust shield coming tomorrow that should hopefully protect the pannier once stuck on the underside.

I’ve got a choice of tail-bags. Once big one, one small one. I think the big one will be a bit overkill. I’ve learnt the hard way that it’s easy to ruin things by taking too much.

Installed a new TomTom Rider 450. Love this. It rotates. That does it for me. The rest is a done deal.

Evo Performance radiator guard installed as well. I think naked bikes are more prone to getting holed from a stone-chip? Don’t want to take the chance.

Think I’ll be installing the baffle for the Racefit exhaust as well. It’s awesome, but it’s a bit much for all-day riding, and might make hearing Claire over the intercom hard work :slight_smile:

LOVE THIS BIKE SO MUCH!

Attachments

Max luggage. Probably overkill

### Birthday suit :slight_smile:

### Light luggage. Will prob go with this

### TomTom Rider 450

### TomTom Rider 450

### Evo Performance Radiator Guard

The setup is all part f the fun!

I wish I’d fitted a rad cover ages ago. Loads of bent fins on the r6. Surprised not had an issue.

Enjoy.

Did you mean to say suing them ?

Looks good!

You should speak to Andy C about getting a hole in his SD’s radiator. 

Very nice!

Yeah, cost me around £300 for a repair. Fitted a guard after, might be the same one actually.

Doh. Yeah, not run one before, but think it’s better to be safe, rather than sorry!

Also, not got a touring screen yet - all the ones I looked at, looked naff.

Need to wire in the intercom to a new lid I bought as well. Got a new flip-up; Shark Evo 3.

So where u off to?

UK tour bluelagos! Lake District, Peak District and Yorkshire Dales. We’ve toured the continent so much we feel a bit guilty about leaving the UK out! Hopefully the weather will hold for us.

Enjoy :-)    

Bike looks awesome!

Where are you going?

Edit: That bike, along with the Ducatti Superleggera, I think they are absolute rolling pieces of art. 

Enjoy!

UK tour bluelagos! Lake District, Peak District and Yorkshire Dales. We've toured the continent so much we feel a bit guilty about leaving the UK out! Hopefully the weather will hold for us.
Jay
One of the local stops for bikers is The Devils Bridge at Kirby Lonsdale, you can then take the A683 and then A684 into Kendal.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.1983322,-2.5906082,18z?hl=en