Garmin Zumo XT2

I’ve ordered one because that’s my thing. It’s look more like an evolution than a revolution. The update from the 590LM to the XT was the most significant change because of the massive screen upgrade.

As usual it looks like it’s not compatible with the previous editions cradle but I’ll give you an update on that when it arrives.

There is a feature to track everyone in a group ride so you can see who has got lost but that requires you to all have the same device which seems unlikely in any normal setting.

It’s been out for about two months but I missed the launch again because I’m not into social media.

Apparently the feature to track your riding buddies works without the sat nav as well, as long as they download an app to their phones.

1 Like

Yes I did a bit more reading. That could be handy for a ride leader.

The cost of XT compared with XT2’s and the extra features does make it a challenge to upgrade especially as early adoptors have had issues.

The rider tracker can be handy but when on tour we simply share our locations on Google Maps. It’s rare we ever need to find anyone so digging out the phone works fine.

It depends on your perspective. If you’ve already got an XT it still worth almost £300 used, so the upgrade is only £229 for a bigger screen and some interesting new features. Plus I’m interested to see if they’ve improved the Bluetooth audio for navigation instructions.

That’s been the case for me ever since the 550. There was a bit outlay for that (half the cost of my CB500 at the time), but since then I’ve only spent a few hundred for each upgrade.

There’s not really been a compelling reason to upgrade since the 590LM other than the screen upgrade but yeah if you fancy it and have one to sell it’s not such a big leap.