Garage Cabinets and Furniture

Wood is easier to replace, but soaks up oil

That’ll stop it rusting :+1:

My main workbench is from a neighbour’s old dining table

Timber work tops all day long, easy to attach tools to, easy to adapt, easy and cheap as chips to replace the tops.

My current workbench came to me 20 years ago by way of an old discarded 5 plank trestle table, Over time the planks have been covered over a la Triggers broom first with a used kitchen work top and later with unwanted dining table tops all courtesy of Freecycle and Trash Nothing

Perfect for past, present and future ‘Man made in Shed’ shenanigans.

Have you built a step to reach the counter top? :joy:

Looks like I’m going for wood. Probably a project for the new year.

I bought second hand Dexion shelving for my garage. Tool free changes to shelf gaps and 200Kg per shelf.

Got there in the end and managed to assemble it without injuring myself (which is someting).

You need a decent ratchet set to assemble this. You’d get nowhere with a screw driver. It reqired a lot of finangling in places but I got better as I went along.

I think the wood surfaces are great. They are replacable too incase you work too hard.

7 Likes

A place for everything and everything in it’s place. Just remember where you put what or you’ll be wearing out the hinges, latches and drawer runners.

That looks really good @Joby. I like the way you have planned for leaving room for all the additional helmets you’ll collect at the top. Also, now you can start the obligatory sticker adornment of the cabinets.

Im in two minds on the stickers. I’ve got loads but everything looks so clean just now.

Stickers are for when the cabinet gets scratched

2 Likes

More hooks arrived.

1 Like

What cute level you have lol