GAH!! Failed Mod 1 again.

Hey guys,

I put my foot down during the Module 1 test last week.

This week, I took the figure-8 too wide and my emergency stop was apparently not confident enough.

This is getting expensive…

Anyone got any tips? :frowning:

Damn; sorry to hear that. I failed my Mod1 the first time (stupid U-turns…) What helped me was a motivational clip from rocky that Aceman posted. (I’m actualy semi serious there…)

first off a question; what are you doing your mod1 on (scooter/125/>125?)  

I took Mod 1 many times!
My lovely instructor Pin! (Yes never let the other half teach you to ride!) made me so angry through the intercom, I rode with aggression! Discovered it worked,Sounds strange but I had a bit more throttle which got me around the u turn and figure of 8. So I had to remember him Pissing me off on my test day. Now one thing to remember I was a sports bike with not a good turn circle! Good luck.

Figure of 8, is probably just you being a bit hesistent to turn the bike. Counter lean, and remember if it leans to much increase the forward momentum & you will pull upright. Also remember to look at the cone (then the middle, then the cone etc…) 

For the emergency stop; you want to get the front to compress; remember to keep squeezing the front (as the braking goes on you can progressively brake more)

@Abzero - I know the clip you mean! I’m doing the test on a 600cc.

@Nic & @Abzero - thanks for the tips. I’ll try to be less hesitant… I think you’re right there.

Will report back…

Damn; sorry to hear that. I failed my Mod1 the first time (stupid U-turns...) What helped me was a motivational clip from rocky that Aceman posted. (I'm actualy semi serious there..)

Abzero

Oh thanks Abzero.  Only “semi serious” though?  Bah humbug!  Was it the Rocky Balboa clip?

Find a car park, take a set of cones. Moves the cones closer and closer together everytime you do it right. Then reset the cones to the official distances. You’ll feel like you have acres of space.

I did that to my girlfriend when she was practicing - seemed to really boost confidence

Valium… you are just a bit nervous

Damn; sorry to hear that. I failed my Mod1 the first time (stupid U-turns...) What helped me was a motivational clip from rocky that Aceman posted. (I'm actualy semi serious there..)

Abzero

Oh thanks Abzero.  Only “semi serious” though?  Bah humbug!  Was it the Rocky Balboa clip?

Aceman
Yeah, it was the one about its not how many times you get knocked down; but how you have to get up and move forward.

Yea I failed a few times too. :flushed: I do believe a lot of it is in your head. Not necessarily anything to do with your ability. The time I passed I had the attitude of “fuck it. If I pass I pass if not then I’ll just never ride”. I was also about to run out of money for lessons and tests.

treat it like a display not a test. really exagerate the head turns and keep the throttle really smooth. 

practice, practice, practice.

treat it like a display not a test. really exagerate the head turns and keep the throttle really smooth. 

practice, practice, practice.

Tabs
or slip the tester a crisp fiver for his troubles

I would be fuming if my corruption was only being tested with a fiver!

Ummm relax and loads of practise ^^

What bike are you learning on? If it has ABS, practice braking hard until you hear the click click click of the ABS come on.

A common fault is to try to make the Figure 8 or U turn too tight or too slow. Aim for a jogging, rather than hobbling pace.

If you have a 125, find a car park that you can go to when it’s empty (late evening/early morning), and practice, practice, practice.