Fuel efficiency

Alright riders…

I will soon be importing a device that can easily be attached to motorbikes (& scooters) that will:

1. Increase fuel efficiency by 30% - 60%
  2. Reduce CO2 emissions
  3. Increase horsepower by up to 10%
  4. Increase lifespan of engine
  5. Reduce engine noise & vibration

When I return from holiday in a couple of weeks I will drop you another note for checking it out for yourself…

In the meanwhile I would like to get a feel for the interest of this product which will cost only £149.99 as an introductory rate for the first 50 units and will be available towards end of March 2013.

Any comments welcome…

Sounds too good to be true

What are the warranties?

Yeah, as Art said, be VERY careful when importing these products that make claims that sound impossibly good. The fuel efficiency is very easy to measure by the layman. and a device that could truly increase fuel efficiency (economy) by 30-60% would be a huge advancement - i.e. miraculous. I would normally expect a miracle product (if legit) to be marketed with a multi million pound launch/marketing campaign, as opposed to a tentative posting in an online forum. It sounds too good to be true. So - it sounds like there is a £7500 investment to be made and that is perfect ripoff territory (low enough amount for the average guy in the street, not so high as to demand sophisticated investigation).

So - would I pay £150 for something that does what is claimed - yes of course. Would I invest £7500 without some proof, not on your nelly.

OK - if I didn’t make that clear, perhaps this will explain better…

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/alternative-fuel/gas-mileage/1802932

Now I don’t know if it is the same thing I was looking at ,
Last year a mate of mine was going to get one fitted and it seemed to good to be true and there is the clue , it was
I looked in to them and as far as I could see all it did was let air into the inlet manifold
We did not get any fitted after reading about other people that had fitted some
If they are the same ones you get a dyno test showing before and after
Pin

Seton intercepter, Bazaz, PCV, wouldn’t touch anything else… After all it is your pride and joy your messing with!

Totally agree with the comments thus far - I too had similar thoughts but the information supplied is backed by user feedback as opposed to all the usual marketing orientated talk. Of course the manufacturer will advertise up to 60% efficiency and the like but they equally state at least 30% improvement which I reckon is pretty good.

Being a biker - a skeptical one too about these gadgets - I will test it personally in UK upon my return and confirm these claims and post the results.

Watch this space :smiley:

Results will be bike specific…

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Your either going to destroy your bank balance or your bike. Having said that I love being proved wrong.

Good luck with it Nilv.

My personal favourite was/is or are the magnets, and people who claiming that magically the cars are using 10%-15% less petrol. This is how brain works, you know you have device, which will have in description and manual “try to avoid fast acceleration due to…” some very fancy looking quantum physics explanation. So everyone is riding as it suppose to and just saves the fuel.

For me the current fuel usage graph in the car doing the same thing, I’m just trying to avoid going into RED…

Well hope it will work for you and if not you will say that rather than claiming otherwise.

All the best,
R

Another point is that most people don’t know what their actual fuel consumption is. How many times do we hear people stating fuel consumption in terms of X £’s per Y miles instead of one of the more normal conventions of miles per gallon or litres per 100 miles. Fitting the gadget will no doubt have some feel good factor about it and some will feel an improvement, others will be too embarrassed to admit they’ve shelled out 150 hard earned for a gadget that does nothing, or worse shows a deterioration in performance.

Here’s some figures in real money.

The Bonne’ averages 56 mpg, with a 30% increase that becomes 72 mpg, which would represent a saving of around £360 on my annual fuel bill. If these devices actually work it’s a no brainer, although if they do actually work why isn’t the motor industry fitting them to vehicles as standard?