For anyone who has ever cheated, is thinking about cheating or has been party to cheating...

I usually keep everything inside and now Im just creaking at the seams and hit bursting point. It was vent or check myself into the Priory :smiley: This seemed like the cheaper option :wink:

You know what really pisses me off, is that Im not the jealous type, never bothered me if my partner chatted to or even slightly flirted with another woman, I had enough confidence in myself for it to not worry me. Im not the kind of woman that has to know where my man is every hour of every day. Well…I wasnt…but I am now. So now Ive turned into some paranoid, insecure freak. That makes me pretty much undateable.

Someone make me a shelf, Im gonna be spending a lot of time on it :smiley:

[quote]
CHiPs (19/05/2011)

yes matey, first one I tried to get over it for about 6 months but was never the same. Second one knew it was a 1 strike and your out policy and I stuck to my word, as much as it pained me at the time as I was besotted with her. In the long run, and looking back it was a good decision.

if I was married then I wouldn’t be so cut and dry, but if its ‘just’ a relationship I would sooner move on and find someone who is willing to treat me as I would them (never cheated myself)

plenty of nice one’s out there, no point dwelling on the selfish and needy imo :slight_smile:

People like to reason that it’s circumstances outside of their control so they don’t have to blame themselves.

In reality, when they are all alone in their thoughts, they know that it was a stupid choice on their behalf that caused it. Unfortunately, some are just too proud to admit it… Moreover, some women believe it. Well done for not doing so…

Sorry Tanya but some men are dicks.

But saying that, I guarrantee you, the best way to get over this before it stains your soul anymore. Is to get out there and shag the arse of a couple of blokes who take your fancy, nothing serious, just have fun.

Try not to chew any of them up!

Dont stew!

easy for me to say but you’ve got to let it go

give yourself the time to get over it though as it can take ages sometimes

agree tanya, people who actively do something with someone that is taken are just selfish nobbers. I guess what I meant, is you can’t choose who you partner comes into contact with, especially over many years. There will be drunken opportunities, girls feeling needy and wanting thier attention, even maybe a girl that goes full throttle to steal him/her from you ALL of which you have zero control over and if that is your worry you will be forever stressing.

Luckily, the right guy/gal this will make zero difference too and thats the bit you get to choose :slight_smile:

[quote]
Leon1984 (19/05/2011)

Funny, that is exactly what I did, 6 months of struggling my ass off trying to get over it. Next time someone cheats on me, and Im fully expecting someone to, there is the door, no debate about it!

I did the exact same thing with my ex Fiance after i just caught him out. I became paranoid and insecure! Trust me cut him out of your life. Its the best thing you can do. It took me another 2 years to figure that out :w00t::w00t:

This is the best advice I’ve heard in a long time, thanks for sharing Rixxy.

Tanya, sorry to hear you are having such a shitty time. I can completely understand where you are coming from but don’t forget, with time things will become clearer in your mind and you’ll start trusting people again. Lick your wounds however long it takes and try to see the positive things in life.

Also, remember you got out of a relationship with a man who clearly wasn’t right for you. I’m sure you will find the confidence again. You are a cool chick with a VERY fast bike. Don’t let this d*ck of a man ruin you as person, you’ll come out stronger in the end I promise :slight_smile:

If you need a partner in crime to go for a blast PM me :slight_smile:

Hey Tanya, I’m sorry to read about your news. Like a lot of people who have replied already, I reckon you should get out on your bike and do stuff, do stuff, do stuff.

If anyone asks you to meet up, go and meet up with them - become the ‘yes woman’ for a while, even if you don’t feel chatty and social and vibrant, the people you surround yourself with can lift your spirits. Good friends will let you cry if you want to, they’ll even come around to just watch you clean the flat when you haven’t bothered with it for a month because you’re too shocked / sad / scared, and if you want they will just talk a bunch of sh!t with you to take your mind off things. So go do stuff with anyone and everyone.

And it might sound a bit glib, but I’m a big lover of hoetips http://hoetip.tumblr.com/.

Hoetip #56 When you get sad stop being sad and be awesome instead.

Be awesome ladyface.

Love your hoetip avatar freebitchbaby, so very true :smiley: Did you read that Tanya?! He’s a tosser and he’ll get it back in the neck!