Firework Safety

Just a reminder, I’m sure we all know what dangerous things these are. Stay safe and enjoy:cool: Firework CodeFirework Top Ten Safety Code for AdultsYoung people should watch and enjoy fireworks at a safe distance and follow the safety rules for using sparklers. Only adults should deal with firework displays and the lighting of fireworks. They should also take care of the safe disposal of fireworks once they have been used.

FireworksPlan your firework display to make it safe and enjoyable. Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time. Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary. Light the firework at arm’s length with a taper and stand well back. Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks. Never return to a firework once it has been lit. Don’t put fireworks in pockets and never throw them. Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators. Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire. Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving.

Good post - take heed all :smiley:

I was expecting this to be some kind of joke post…

I guess the joke is the fact that the’re people out there, without the common sense to use fireworks without ending up in hospital.

also:

Ensure you’ve buried them far enough into the ground so that they don’t fall over during a display :Whistling:

I kid you not… You would be surprised how much grief can be caused by a box of fireworks.;):cool:

and dont let a load of fireworks off too close to a dead/dry tree otherwise it goes up in flames and you get a visit from the big red bus:D

Saw it on the way home on saturday night.