Fatality on the B1057

Wha tthose figures don’t show is the proportion of riders in those ranges. But I beleive that research has shown that in the SE about 25% of riders are female - although most are on smaller machines and as you see, it is the 600s and 1000s that have most serious accidents (and there will be far more 125s than bikes of those sizes).

As for the age thing. I believe it is a combination of age and experieince that really makes the difference rather than just age. Accident rates among born-again bikers are high, but 40+ without accidents for several years have very few future accidents.

Personally I think killed and seriously should be posted apart.Having talked to people from Essex Bikesafe and a mate who was Essex traffic,the definition of seriously injured can be so broad as to make the statistics unreliable,unless of course you want that reaction of “Shock horror”.Cannot dispute fatalities,but the injured numbers can be manipulated to get the result you want!!!As has been said the B1057 is a challenging road,but it is well signposted like most country roads and can be ridden safely with care.As with the recent fatal on the London Road,Abridge,until we know all the facts we can only speculate about the causes.

I’d be interested in the percentage of female to male riders in comparable circumstances…

Are there really more 125’s on the road than 600’s? I rarely see any. Mostly 600’s +

True Dat. But not knowing what’s round the corner is a risk you don’t have to take either. Riding fast enough that you can’t stop before the hidden road block is pushing your luck just as much as overtaking into blind bends.

i get what you mean fella, but you knwo how it is…Police can be sneaky! (no not G!) epsecially essex plod…

i’m not paranoid dude, im just carefull…my liecence is precious!:smiley:

Eeezy!:smiley:

:laugh::smiley:

Someone call me?

Batfink - Scooter blindness is obviously real! :slight_smile:

See the last sentence here from bike trader -

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/BIKES/news/new_motorcycle_sales_hit_by_crunch.html

Whoops! Wrong thread!

this was the last sighting of ratty just past bosworth cafe:w00t:

Broady - my understanding is that serious means admission to hospital so should be completely unambiguous.

Yes that can mean for tests in case of concussion and then discharge when nothing found - but it doesn’t include walking wounded who simply end up with a band aid. It means that those injured who need professional medical care or investigation in hospital are counted.

Hahar! Yup, I have noticed an influx, but when talking bike, tend to forget them TBH.

Seem only to see them buzzing around towns, not so much on twisties.

I agree there will be fewer on the twisties, but Essex has a lot of towns where there will be a lot of them, and there are quite a few people who commute in the rural parts of the country on 125s etc. I know a person who lives West of Dorking but rides 20 miles each way every day on a 125 scooter.

RIP to that biker.