Failed me test

Ian, same thing happened to my son? exactly the same…car coming down, saw him turning, but kept coming at speed, he was already making the turn, but HE failed…sometimes i think examiners are a bit “old fart” mode…i mean come on !! Like you that was the only thing that happened in the whole test, and it wasnt his fault! It doesnt fail to amaze me, every single day either on way to work or home, the amount of stupidity shown by car drivers on our roads…do they learn from the same school of a-hole morons or something, does someone teach them that once you get in your car,you own the road? Its like they HAVE to cut you up cos they dont want to wait behind you, they have to use the bus lanes etc to get in front…they have to go up the right turn only lane, just to cut in at the top, so they can be 4 cars up from where they were in the queue !!! Take a look and you will see at least ONE where you are…its effing amazing…And then another car driver does this to someone taking their test, and yet the learner is the one that fails…for being “too cautious, too slow”…ffs !! Anyhoo, what you going to court for? you been speeding?:wink:

A simple rule is that on the road nothing you do should cause another vehicle to have to change its course or speed to avoid you. It is an important part of defensive driving/riding. If you pull out you should be able to get on the road quickly enough and up to normal speed that any vehicle you cannot see, whether speeding or not, shouldn’t have to take any evasive action.

Gutted for you Ian. I’m sure you’ll pass it next time. I failed my 1st car test because I waited for the lights at a pedestrian crossing to go green instead of going on flashing amber as the crossing was clear :pinch:

KSG - in all honesty, a car in London really isn’t necessary - quite the opppsite in fact! I struggle to justify the expense of keeping one! It costs £200 per year to tax, £8 per day to drive through Central London, £4 per hour to park away from home, £80 per year to park on the road outside your home. That’s not even taking into consideration the cost of buying it, insurance, maintainence and over £1 for a litre of petrol :w00t: On top of all that, London has 24 hour public transport.

Sorry to hear this Ian. I know how keen you are to join the LB Car/Van Club;):cool:

Unlucky mate. I failed the 1st test for the exact opposite, I pulled out of a junction and nailed it. :Whistling:

unlucky E, i am sure the next test will go fine :slight_smile:

ian know how you feel, I failed my HGV test on the fact that I hesitated three times, thats a fail…I would have though driving 30 plus ton truck it would be better to be hesitant than agrressive but there is a finer balance than I had supposedly at first…

What Guiliano says is for sure true…but you try it and you will never get anywhere…

you should have worn your leathers and they would have seen you coming and slowed much sooner…:smiley:

But yes that court case is the bigger issue…have you organised good representation…dont try to handle it yourself…courts dont like that…especially magistrates…with a bit of luck you will get a good worldy bike loving stipendiary rather than a bunch of do gooder magistrates…

Booked another test for the 9th April!! :slight_smile: cool

Dont worry about the court thing 2strokes (71 in a 30 - blade…oops…) have got good representation.

did without one for a year, the relief to have one again is enormous!

I had a friend in Boston who didn’t own a car…he lived in Charlestown…other side of the river from Boston…worked in the financial district. He walked or took the T everywhere he wanted to go. If he wanted to go a little further away from home, he’d borrow a car from his Mom and Dad.

I hear you on the passport thing…it’s sad…but true. America is a HUGE place…and alot of people are content to satisfy their urge to roam without ever leaving the country. We got our daughter a passport when she was 8…she’s since been to Mexico…England (twice) and Scotland. It’s important to my wife and I that she have a broader view of the world…not through textbooks…but through feet on the ground.

In any event, let me know how the requesting a Ferrari for your driving test works out. If it’s a go for you, I’ll fly over and get a U.K. license too. :laugh:

Unlucky on the test fella and got me fingers and toes crossed for your big day in court :wink:

Now remember next time right foot down to accelerate, no twisting of right hand on steering wheel :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t believe you failed for not accelerating fast enough :laugh: maybe you should use this as evidence at your trial…

I’d agree with that. I passed my test when I was 19 going on 20, all paid for out my own pocket (student at the time). Still didn’t buy my first car until I was about 26 :ermm: but knew it was something I just have to do.

[quote]
KSGregman (13/03/2008)

In this country we get a licence :rolleyes:

To pass your practical test, you need a guidance of good **driving instructors ** for practicing your driving lessons.
An expert driving instructor knows safe driving rules, and will teach you to drive safely. Always some learners are nervous while driving, so these experts should know how to handle these types of learners.

Finding the right driving school is important for succeeding in learning to drive and passing your practical driving test. It is important to find a suitable local driving instructor that makes you feel comfortable and confident while you are learning to drive.