EOS 7D

Depending on the discount I may be interested in a group buy. Currently the cheapest I have seen for body only is on ebay from a uk supplier for £1490 incl del. from a Hong Kong £1090 incl del (but then you have customs to factor in)… Outside of ebay they are about £1510:

So want one of these but it’s a lot of money :pinch:

ok so decided i’m going full frame and its the 5d mark ii.

gonna get ordering today hopefully. have checked with a couple of places and the ones with the big discounts dont seem to have a lot of room to move on price so dont think the group thing is a goer.

toys toys toys toys toys :wink:

made the orders. feel slightly nauseous :sick:

Ha ha, yep, that’s the nausea of guilt - that’ll pass as soon as you get it!

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, well done!

agreed on both counts (hopefully!)

have ordered the following (and have a couple more little crappy bits to get too like a CF reader!)

5d mark ii with 24-105 L kit lens (like the IS feature and was cheaper than the 70 by a long way)
canon 17-40 L
580exii speedlite flash
OC 3 flash cord
16GB CF card
battery grip

will save up for the 70-200 L 2.8 :Whistling:

and to think i agonised over what i spent on the pentax k200…

cheers for the help on the threads (esp andrew, sorry for bugging you silly again last night at BM) :wink:

and need we ask how much you paid? … :stuck_out_tongue:

Erm, running total is about £3,400 :pinch:

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Nice, very nice.I hope you enjoy your purchase, just wish I could afford all that in one go :crazy:Where did you get it from in the end?

Very nice mate - some lovely goodies there. Yum yum :smiley:

its easy to afford, just dont plan on eating, or doing anything else for the rest of your adult years!

there’s nothing like focussing your saving like having a debt to work off. would rather suffer a bit and enjoy these things while i can (no marriage or kids to worry about!)

ended up getting pretty much everything from different sites as it happens. no single site was best priced on each product. the 5dii + kit lens bundle i’ve ordered from simply electronics which were pretty competitive

as the ar£**oles that are The Post Office have commenced their strike, it will be interesting to see when this stuff actually arrives :frowning: will speak to the various places tomoz to see if they are using alternate distribution channels (hope so).

out of interest does anyone here have the 70-200 f/4 or f/2.8?

i’ll be getting you a money printing machine foir xmas then :wink: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

i was hoping that was going to be my girlfriend, but she seems oddly against the idea of an allowance. some people are so selfish :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup I have the f/2.8 and must say I really like this lens. Use it mostly for kids sports photos with my 400d…

I’ve got the f4 flavour, for the most part it’s brilliant, wish I’d bought the f2.8 one as a most of the stuff I shoot now would benefit the wider aperture. Otherwise it’s great!

Cool, that’s kinda what I figured about the 4

Did you buy the IS versions?

Yup went for the IS version in the end. I was worried about the weight and hand holding, but with the 400d and battery grip it’s not a issue. Not sure what it would be like on the 5d, but then I guess a monopod would help

i’m a big strong lad, dont worry :wink:

may have to be a bit careful about the tripod i get so that it can cope with the weight of everything but is small enough/light enough to carry on my back with the rucksack.

how much did you pay for it in the end?