Dumped R1 Loman Street SE1

Sooo…Friday evening I’m about to get on my bike when another biker warns me there’s been 2 attempted thefts that week in the bike bay. I go to mention the R1 - it’s gone, but had been there that morning. This morning it’s back again, still without a number plate and still with a broken headlight. Seems odd that thieves would ignore it while trying to steel other bikes, apart from the headlight damage it seems in good nick.

Maybe a silly question, but is it a Honey Pot?

The Police you spoke to may not be aware, or wouldn’t say.

And maybe the thieves aren’t touching it as they know (maybe from experience) that it is what it is … said Honey Pot?

its a ghost bike.

Or its a pool bike for bike thieves.

I would say that is the likely reason

I thought a honey pot was what Eskimos shat in

with the one I found that is just hanging around I’m going to go through the DVLA see if I can contact the owner. see if they want to sell the bike. 

I’ve emailed the local plod as this bike is now being ridden regularly though no repairs have been done. I can’t imagine any genuine owner paying £5k+ for an R1 only to ride it around London with no plates, rear indy’s and broken front light, plus there have been a couple of attempted thefts in the same bay recently.