Dumped R1 Loman Street SE1

Reported to the police nearly 2 weeks ago but it’s still there. Red R1, number plate and indy’s removed wiring left hanging, front left light smashed and bulb removed. The bike turned up on Tuesday 23rd Feb and even then had a very rusted chain so doubtful used as a regular commuter. No security chain fitted.

I’ll have it if no one wants it

In all seriousness, if it’s been reported to the Police and they can’t be bothered to come get it, what are the legal implecations if you take it and let them know you are “Storing it” to avoid it getting stolen again, Is it like finding a large amount of cash? if you take it to them and no one claims it you can claim it

Wow, sounds like a free R1 to someone with a van

IIRC Sam you claim it as salvage.

certainly someone could strip it for parts and put them on ebay. 

I’d be thinking more along the lines of a track bike!!

go get it tiger.

I might ask my mate who is a copper and find out the situation and what the legal stance is on it.

lol.

Just spoke to my mate, By no means whatsoever go and take it!!!

His response was.

No…

If it’s nicked and you have it you will be arrested, It belongs to someone (either Owner or Insurance Company) You just can’t have it Dude. Sorry.

Police may have been…but we wouldn’t recover it, the owner has to collect. They may not have got in contact with them yet

Owner could be in hospital as result but declined the police recovery and only third party insurance .

I think that even if it is dumped, if you take it, you are committing theft.

Or some poor bloke working away/on hol/in forces etc who has no idea its gone. Surely OB should be able to identify the owner even if the plate is gone

“OB”?

"OB"? Aceman

Plod, Fuzz, Rozzers and lots of not so nice names also a nicer name… Old Bill

http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Origins-of-the-name-Old-Bill/1400015472442/1400015472442

Just spoke to my mate, By no means whatsoever go and take it!!!

His response was.

No…

If it’s nicked and you have it you will be arrested, It belongs to someone (either Owner or Insurance Company) You just can’t have it Dude. Sorry.

Police may have been…but we wouldn’t recover it, the owner has to collect. They may not have got in contact with them yet

Marmablade
Obviously. People don't go around abandoning their own bikes, not at least without scraping IDs, that can trace it back to the owner. 

Some people on here were talking about a bait bike…
Could it be…

I phoned the police again last week and it hasn’t been reported stolen, so they’re not going to do anything with it. Not sure if it’s still there today as I’m not on the bike but it was still there on Friday. The only advice was to notify the council if it’s causing a parking problem. 

Report it to the council as being abandoned, if it’s not taxed they’ll tow it. I guess the would have to contact the keeper before they dispose of it.

IIRC Sam you claim it as salvage.

certainly someone could strip it for parts and put them on ebay. 

me_groovy
Make sure that you notify the Receiver of Wrecks.  :)