Dorsal refrigeration.

Julie has noticed a dramatic dorsal cooling effect at 200KPM+ she is bemused and would welcome suggestions as to it`s possible causation.:wink:

Slipstream vortex.

I told her that but she would not accept it from me, thanks for the back up Derek.:slight_smile:

Now get back to the family and do the daddy thing! You should be ashamed of gyping off and looking at LB!

Hope you and the family, cousins, inbreds etc are having a lovely time. Give everyone a big sloppy kiss from Jetstream and the German bitch! xxxx

I am doing the “daddy” thing. The 21st C version.

They are all watching television, I’m kicking back with a decent novel, a bottle of Disaronno and some Rataffia, oh, and the odd break to LB.

Trust the German bitch is having a good Christmas.

Weve given the german bitch a good goosing continental style. Cracked the Tattinger and Im just waiting for Mrs Jetstream to sqeeze into the Christmas elf outfit, may take a while so I have time on my hands! What are you reading?:slight_smile:

Shall we go private for a rollicking good time?

Prices on application. Terms and conditions apply.

No, ta.

I’ve been private with a German bitch before. Didn’t have the stamina then and forty + years aint going to have improved that.

Reading:

Just finished a decent bit of “quality pulp”, I’m sure you’ll understand that oxymoron, “Exit Strategy” by Kelley Armstrong, just about to start “Azincourt” by Bernard Cornwell. Mostly does a decent novel and gets the history spot on. Where he bends or invents the odd bit to fit the plot, he tells you in the preface.

Then there is the new Pratchett to follow plus dipping in and out of a new “Classic Motorcycles” coffee table book. (This one includes some American and Japanese stuff.) And, just to complicate, “101 Buildings to Visit Before you Die”

Looks like a lot of red wine this Christmas.

Thort Dorsal was a fin on a shark, hope ya bits freez off ya b---------

Some years too late to worry about those.

Just finished a decent bit of “quality pulp”, I’m sure you’ll understand that oxymoron, “Exit Strategy” by Kelley Armstrong, just about to start “Azincourt” by Bernard Cornwell. Mostly does a decent novel and gets the history spot on. Where he bends or invents the odd bit to fit the plot, he tells you in the preface.

Then there is the new Pratchett to follow plus dipping in and out of a new “Classic Motorcycles” coffee table book. (This one includes some American and Japanese stuff.) And, just to complicate, “101 Buildings to Visit Before you Die”

Looks like a lot of red wine this Christmas.

Ever read Giles Goat Boy by John Barth? He changed my life as a late teen and I have never looked back. Beats Bernard Cornwall to a soggy pulp every day of the week:D

Nope.

If he changed your life as a late teen, it sure sounds like a read I should steer well clear of.

Tortoise with underbite says " dont you find when it rains your mouth fills up with water?"

Tortoise with overbite says " nope "

:blush:

My tortoise knows the wonders of his world. And says nothing.

In the creation myths of several cultures, the turtle or tortoise carries the world upon its back or supports the heavens.

BUT back to the thread - does the tortoise in the picture get a cool back when he goes faster?

When hibernation is over, I’ll ask mine. Not a great chance of an answer, it’s not said much in the last 60 ish years. Tends to keep quiet counsel.

I’ll take a guess, that this is not a problem that it has experienced as there is not a lot of slipstream vortex at 4 mph, max.

Not being a particular personal problem, I suspect it has not given it much thought.

But I’ll ask. If it has an answer, I’ll let you know. About July,2009.

Best offer going, I’m afraid.

Strange that we did not notice it so much today - but we weren’t going so fast for so long. Weather was colder though - may be a clue