do they make you laugh???

You serious??? Flatout is no more abusive than myself,barro,gixxergooner,smiled, and so on and so on…we are NOT abusive, we just type things down as we see things, we put things down maybe without thinking how to delete harsh words first, not a crime, just part of who we are???

Because i can be so called aggressive, and i say that cos i dont realise i AM being so? (maybe when i AM aggressive its a lot heavier than i EVER have been on the forum, so personally i cant SEE it as abusive,aggressive etc as some may do?) but because i can be the way the forum call “aggressive,abusive” etc maybe thats part of ME. part of who i AM, part of what makes me ME? Dont mean im some over the top,horrible,arrogant ol bird !!! Those of you that know me, know that im far from the way i must be perceived on this forum? I will back a mate up, what ever the circumstances, i will fight for a mate whatever the circumstances, and i understand a lot of opinions etc (dont mean i hate)…

Saying that? i wont tolerate fools, i dont like so called hard nosed show offs (cos you are as clear as water to an ol girl like me and it looks just plain stoopid!) i cant STAND people who think they are SO much better than the next person for WHATEVER reason they think they may have…however…i LOVE the debates on the forum, i LOVE the difference of opinion (without slagging each other off, know ive been accused of it but in my eyes, thats mild and just stupid banter and nothing meant personally, (really!!)…I LOVE the way we are all passionate about one thing on here…and the way you ALL have your different ways about you…thats what makes you YOU…and you are ALL great…theres not one of you that stands above anyone else on here, not a moderator or whoever…you all love your bikes thats cool with me!

Personally i have had LOADS of LB’rs who LOVE the way i post what i post, and more over WHY i post them?..they say they love reading them, they make em smile etc…but end of the day, most of it is all fun with a touch of near the knuckle comment maybe? (to some its NOT near the knuckle but hey…thats what i just said aint it horses for courses!)

Flatout mate??? NOTHING you say will ever annoy,worry,hurt,upset,intimidate,be abusive…to me? And loads of us too…you cant be everyones buddy, but then i cant see that bothering YOU at all !!! Hey, i joined the club and you were already a fully fledged member so why change??? hee hee…keep on with the smooth peanut butter mate !!! ha ha

There will always be some that are offended and some that take it on the chin in the way its meant, some will jump first…ie myself…others think before posting, replying…thats what i love about it all…some start the crap off and sit back and wait for responses…(you know who you are hee hee)…

Its a forum…for him for her for them for us…take it as it comes …or go do what you were doing before you came on the forum…after all…you dont HAVE to reply to posts surely if they offend?..chill…its a good life (even if there are thieving scum bags out there!)

too many politically correct people around if u ask me…

they just needa geta life, or look in the mirror and half a laugh

hahaha

Yes I find it offensive simple as. I also found comments about Westie at the start of a thread offensive no matter how its meant or whatever saying those things offends people and IMO the comment was over the top and I am not the only person to think so.

A joke is a joke fair dos but repeatedly making fun of someone because you think its a joke is ok in there own eyes but not so for someone on the receiving end. I have been on the receiving end many times and its not nice.

The post in question was someone asking for a plumber because they needed one the thread was full of mindless tripe after that request for no reason. When I asked it to be stopped I got a reply “calling me a poof”

Cast your mind back when Flats was organising a costal ride and Barro took the mick and had a go! Flats spat his dummy and threatened to call it all off. When the boots on the other foot eh! I like a joke as much as the next person but what one person sees as a joke is different to another.

I have no probs telling the person to turn it in and I went to a mod to get it sorted properly no shame in it.

Jokes are fine but ditch the personal comments!

Well I find you very offensive…

Nothing a can of Lynx couldnt sort out though you soap dodging pikey !!

But Terry ahh Terry…thats what i was trying to say?..the forum WILL have people like moi, who thinks that likewise others will take these comments and jokes and jibes etc, AS a joke, comment or jibe, and NOT something aimed specifically personally AT that person …we dont all know each other on here? We are not joined at the hip, we have lives away from the forum (apologies to those that dont!)…

You said it, what offends some might not others, and i said that myself? I bet theres been loads that ive said or put or whatever that you havent liked? I havent a thing in the world against you…why should i? (i know you have an old head on young shoulders, but thats what makes you YOU) Flatout is a kid, will always be a kid and cant change from being a kid…thats why he is so liked…thats him, thats Simon! I like Simon, i like his company, you know where you stand with him, he dont take things seriously, he can take a laugh, he throws his toys out his pram (so do i sometimes) but thats about ALL he does, no harm done…and i know he dont give a toss either! But then why should he?..is it going to make a huge difference to his life?..i doubt it, no more than it should or would to yours…

He dont offend in a nasty way, he offends in a joking way, there is a difference? You have to learn to accept which way you are gonna take it i guess…unfortunately, you seem to take it as offensive…see me? i take being called a liar on a forum that has loads of people who sorta know me now, as offensive…if they had said i was a loud mouthed in yer face ol trollop…i wouldnt have bothered…cos for one, id say they obviously dont know me, and another apart from the trollop, they are prob right !!! hee hee

Its what makes the forum Terry…your opinion is held in same esteem as mine…although they may be worlds apart?..end of the day, we are not gonna lose sleep over them, the idea IS to get a reaction enough to post the reply dont you think, for without that, there is no forum?

But when those comments break forum rules and upset people they are gonna be asked to stop and they will be.

??? you gonna name any names or just throw badly spelt comments around ? LoL

Jules, another headache inducing post USE A BIGGER FONT please I beg.

We are trying to allow all the freedoms and contrasts that Blade talks about - the main purpose of the Mod Team is surely to ensure that variety and individuality is allowed to flourish.

But please, you people have to appreciate that the written word is easily misunderstood, your attitude is not easily conveyed and sadly is all too easily misinterpreted. When a post is made you have no idea what mood or sensitivities the reader will have.

If you are gonna shoot from the hip then there is a chance that your comments will upset/annoy people. And perhaps we’ll get involved. I’d prefer it if you all thought more about what you say, but it’s not a perfect world.

But then it should be over. We all move on and yesterday’s threads are exactly that.

I am always amazed (and grateful) that so many complete strangers can interact so much with so little friction. Some is expected and I for one think nothing of it.

Now Terry brought a concern to one of the Mods and it was discussed and the matter was sorted out via PMs. End of. What that’s got to do with anyone else is something I’m waiting to hear. He was acting out of concern for a friend and if any of you feel that this action deserves anything other than respect, well I pity you and hope one day you don’t look to a friend for support and find nothing there.

Personal attacks I will take a dim view of. And Barro, that includes leaving abusive messages on people’s answerphones.

well out of all the people I wouldn’t have thought you would complain terry ****in hell why read a thread that’s six pages long and goes off topic in the first page then complain about it??? if you don’t like like then don’t read it, a few weeks ago the “forum was crap” and too many “new people ruining it” not my words fellow LB heads but yours terry… are you 25 going on 45 I did it on two threads where I saw the ability to have a joke niether was your thread the fact they topped over 1200 views in two hours and only one complaint from you says a lot. I am a joker and people love my ability to pull a joke from nowhere the only thing you pull terry is your pipe and slippers from under your bed it wasn’t even offensive to the people it included if so don’t assume. I’m dissapointed terry maybe I should start a boring thread 6 pages of what helmet should I buy you can spend the day cut and pasting reveiws from the net and be informative and give yourself some self importance for the day, come on Terry you know me well enough as do most LBers now to not take anything I say seriously its a laugh and joke which is why we come on here, now wipe those tears blow your nose and get mummy to nake ya a hot choclate…

Oi Flatster I need to speak to you so I,ll bell you later on if you aint busy !!

I am one of those new people… I AM OFFENDED,

Thanks whoever said this… (S’Ok Flatout I know you are only reapeating someones comments)

Understand what u are saying Andrew? thing is? Terry himself opened this up by stating that it was HIM that complained, so something that would and prob should have been sorted, between Terry and the mods via pms as you rightly say, and finished by now? was opened up again in that single post of his?

End of the day, this is handbags at dawn…comments made seem to be a bit 2 faced dont you think though? To say one thing about the forum and then make a complaint themselves, seems a tad…well yeh 2 faced? you cant knock the new people on the forum ruinng it, on one hand and then complain about it on the next hand? Which side of the fence are you? Do you make those comments to a select few to save face or be one of the lads so to speak, then go home, think about it and post that you are offended by it? Was Westie offended?..(i LOVE Westie and no dahling, i really DIDNT give you a dirty look when you saw me on my bike!!! ha ha, made me pee myself laughing that!!) (youre the last person i would give a dirty look to, that was my USUAL look everyone gets that one …ha ha)

Nah you aint, you lying scots wee lassie ya !! (btw seriously? im scottish too, hock the noo) hey a poet!!

Hey Blade you sweetie, good to see you on fine form again… Scottish? Where from Bonnie Lass…

I JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT KNOWING SI, I CAN SAY THAT HE WOULD OR IS DEVASTATD THAT HE MAY CAUSE PEOPLE OFFENSE. AS I AND OTHERS HAVE SAID, HE IS A JOKER AND A PRANKSTER AND NEVER MEANS ANYTHING IN JEST TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. IF PEOPLE OUT THERE ARE OFFENDED BY HIM I KNOW HE DOESN’T MEAN TO AT ANY LEVEL. I THINK IT BEST THAT THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE A PROBLEM SHOULD SHOW A LITTLE MORE INTEGRITY AND CHARACTER AND SPEAK TO HIM IN PERSON INSTEAD OF GOIN BEHIND HIS BACK. HOW CAN WE EXPECT TO BE FRIENDS AND TRUST EACH OTHER IF THERE ARE PEAOPLE UNDERMINDING THAT ETHOS.

SI YOU ARE A DIAMOND GEEZER, IGNORE ALL THIS BUDDY AND TAKE NO NOTICE

Would you believe Edinburgh? mums side…Nan born Edinburgh, mum in Motherwell, all my mums side still in scotland, only mum and nan came to London?..Blackwatch you know…har har…hey, maybe thats why i am what i am…in ya face (but cute with it) !!!

is it safe to come back yet? are we all friends again?

m

Cor - where did all this come form??

I don’t find Flats offensive. Anything he says always appears to me to be said in jest. Although, if anybody were to find ANYBODY offensive, I would suggest they send that person a pm and let them know that they’re offending them.

I haven’t read the plumbers post so will take a look if it isn’t locked!!

Whatever

Yeah the forum has got poo compared to how it used to be IMO I dont deny saying it doesnt mean that personal insults make it any better.

It all comes down to how ‘biege’ you want the forum to be. If someone CAN be offended by something they read on the net, they probably need to be offended.

Simon Flatster is Innocent ok !!

For and onbehalf of “The Free George Davis” campaign !!