Diesel spill claims another !!! ME!

Sorry to hear this mate, I hope you and bike are back out on the road soon!

oh mate so sorry to hear this!

Another one bites the dust. Sorry, know how much of a pain it is.

Sorry to hear this dude, hope its sorted soon

Oh my god that’s a lot of diesel!!!

Sorry to hear about your off mate, maybe look for rider support to see if any claim can be made?

so sorry to read this Craig but glad you’re ok. I read something in the paper a few days ago that a family were awarded £xxx when a motorcyclist died after coming off on a diesel spill. Worth give Rider Support Services a call.

So sorry man, hope you get the payout soon and you dont waste the 9 on commuting!

shows it can happen to the best of us, the rest of us had better take extra care…lots of rubbish on the roads at the moment can catch anyone out!

glad that you are OK though dude…

Thats unlucky mate, but as pat said in his post get in touch with the motor insurance beauro you should be able to claim, same as if you were hit by uninsured driver and it shouldnt affect ya no claims

sorry to hear about your off dude, if you need any help give me a shout.

Thanks guys, im just a bit sore and stiff in places i didnt know i had!!! :wink:

Stripped the bike this morning for a bit of “therapy” and found its not all bad news, all plastics on front end left fork legs is bent badly ,( right looks ok but will change pair) mudguard ,fairing V panel, front wheel, gear lever,n/s mirror,exhaust- the really expensive side including downpipes!!

Took some more pics and will ad them to the photobox file, will be calling insurance company Monday morning!!

Will also call MIB and rider support and call my legal aid peopl to see what they say as i get legal cover to and from work with my union membership, seems fair as they are the guys who won me the industrial injury case that got me the money to buy the ZZR in the first place!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Gutted to hear about your off mate. I had the same last Christmas. Diesel spills suck!! It’s like wet ice, really nasty and there’s nothing you can do once your on it! :pinch:

Confused about the RAC issues though. I lowsided and took a long slide which wore through my engine casing so I couldn’t ride it. I was covered by RAC. I called them and told them I’d had an accident and they came and picked me up with no hassle. They treated as a normal breakdown.

Anyway hope you get it sorted and glad you’re ok. It’s just so crap that these (just a few I’m sure) truck drivers are so careless. Just a thought, if they carelessly spill diesel and someone (biker, cyclist, ped or driver) slides on it and dies does that make them a murderer?

cant remember who told me this but the guy drove an artic/similar - apparently in addition to overfills/loose caps there are auto flushing systems?? on the fuel delivery on artics/large rigid cabs which expel water which will contain some diesel. they’re supposed to be manually operated in the cab when its supposed to be safe to do so, but some do it automatically when its driving along, or stopped at the lights…(cant remember the exact detail but its something like that)

Shizer…I hope you’re on the road to recovery and the bike is sorted without too many issues.

There is a petition on number 10’s website to stop Diesel Spills

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/StopDieselSpills/

Oh mate! Sorry DB, you’ve not long rebuilt that from the last spill have you?:frowning:

Dude check out the date of the first post… some numpty is bringing up old threads!

Sorry to hear this mate - I did similar last year on diesel - maybe you should get your knee checked out?

THIS POST IS 2 YEARS OLD

Mr daniejacobs though to bring up some old posts just to make a point… that and the other 10 Disel Spills posts in General Chat which he REVIVED.

MODS please sort the guy out, 1 post is enough… no need seriously man…

Thanks CC!:smiley: