Diesel spill claims another !!! ME!

Had a big off this morning at about 5am in Harlow, front wheel hit diesel on way into a roundabout - caught the first slide , then turned again to miss the concrete roundabout only for it to wash out and slam down hard onto the left side and along the road up the roundabout and off the side!!! :crying:

bashed and bruised but generally ok , very pissed off as bike just back from having carbs set up yesterday took some pics on my phone not very good but i was in a bit of pain with my right leg- must have hit the kerb on the way across?

Pics here

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/6960625

Nightmare,sorry to hear this.What roundabout was that,can’t recognize it from the pics?
Hope the swelling goes down soon.

[quote]
demonbiker (10/11/2007)

Had a big off this morning at about 5am in Harlow, front wheel hit diesel on way into a roundabout - caught the first slide , then turned again to miss the concrete roundabout only for it to wash out and slam down hard onto the left side and along the road up the roundabout and off the side!!! :crying: bashed and bruised but generally ok , very pissed off as bike just back from having carbs set up yesterday took some pics on my phone not very good but i was in a bit of pain with my right leg- must have hit the kerb on the way across?

Pics here

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/6960625[/quote]Sorry to see those pics :frowning: but at least you are okish ;)Hope you are back on two wheels soon :slight_smile:

Wicked bad news, mate…poor bike looks a bit battered.

Thankfully you weren’t more seriously injured.

How does diesel get all over the roads over there?

Normally overfilled tanks or no cap on the tank,just spills out:w00t:

Sh1t:crazy:

Sorry to hear this Craig. Hope the leg and scoot aint too bad mate.

If you need a hand gis a shout mate.

Chunks

nasty…

i recognise that roundabout, i go through harlow a fair bit, never had any problems, its not the first time i have heard of someone having an off there due to diesel, road looked wet too, cant have helped.

hope ya legs not too bad fella.

Is the roundabout on Edinburgh way next to the Toby carvery, was quite a big spill, noticed some on the previous r/a but avoided it , was pitch black and starting to drizzle- worst time to see diesel - dark and damp, smelt it as i hit it basically, caught the first slide but when i tied to turn in again it just went !:crying:

use this road every day to work and i know there is always diesel on the roads round there but never been that bad, just pissed off that ive wrecked my mint zzr 1100!

anyone know if i can claim for accident on diesel spills? sure ive seen someyhing somewhere?

Another job for m9 then now you know where he is.

I thought you had a Blue 9?

Thats the problem with Harlow, there’s so many retail places and each one gets lorries delivering there.

Hope to catch you at one of out N.London/Herts meets.

sounds like unfortunetly you took the same route as billynobrain that laid teh diesel down…did well avoiding the first lot tho.wouldnt know about claiming, might help your insurance if you mention it and provide pics rather than them thinking you just binned it going too quick etchope your ZZ-R gets back to mint soon!:slight_smile:

Bike wiil be written off - bent forks ,broken wheel, all front plastics broken ,screen, footepgs,exhaust,mirror, front mudgaured,oil coolers moved and found some coolant inside fairing?

Fully comp so not a problem but will lose no claims!!

Luckily i still have the ZX9 but dont want to use it for work!

Sorry to hear that its that bad mate.Could make a nice winter project if the frame is ok and the buy-back aint too salty;)

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

As for claiming, I believe you can try the Motorists Insurance Bureau as it exists to provide cover for the actions of uninsured or untraced motorists & in this case the diesel can only have got there due to a negligent driver.

Not sure if they only cover for uninsured losses though - ie. if you’ve got fully comp you have cover, so as you can claim on that they won’t pay out whereas they would if you only have TP or TPF&T, really you need to ask a solicitor to check.

If you are with RAC or AA it might be worth having a chat with their legal bods.

AA and RAC are a waste of money- called AA this morning - wont recover as its an accident!! £104 + vat to recover me up to 10 miles - really handy as i live 20 miles from harlow!!! told when i took out cover they would recover you after an accident but would charge your insurance if you were fully comp - bull!!

Rac - same story, luckily i have a mate with a bike trailer who took the morning off work to come and help me out!

Things like this show you who your mates are!

I did cook his dinner last night and had the wife ply him with tea until i got back from hospital!! and gave him a few quid for his trouble!!

jesus mate…what the hell is going on?..its Armageddon with all these offs…!!

so…so glad ur ok mate…could’a been alot worse …

these dam desiel spills…when will ppl stop dumping their chhit all over the road…

chin up dude…if it helps,i know how you feel…;).

not so smiled:angry:.

“RAC will recover your vehicle from a crash to anywhere in UK” is what i was told after I enquired a couple of months ago. The reason i asked was my son’s mate ended up in the central barrier of Southend Road with 2 blown out tyres. AA refused to come out unless he coughed up a wedge(like you say)I phoned RAC and enquired what would happen if it had been me and that was the answer I got.Now whether they lied to me or not I don’t know:doze:

Sorry to hear this mate, shame about the bike. But the major thing is that you are not too hurt!

Sorry to hear this, glad you’re basically OK. I’m in Harlow a bit, will have to have a look and see where the spills are, didn’t realise it was that bad.

the rac definitely recover the bike after accident.if your carted off in ambulance they have a driver/rider incapacitated clause as long as someone can sign for the bike they will transport it in your absence.although not common knowledge by their controllers