Did I see something about a new MAG for London?

How’s that now?
You’re not allowed to put a disc lock on your bike?

Yeah, apparently the thinking is that if you can’t lock your bike you wont leave it overnight, and this acts as an incentive to not drink too much (they have a bar), since you can’t change your mind on how you’re getting home.

I like to think it’s also an incentive for these bike builders to build an integrated disk lock, but i think that might be a leap of practicality too far.

Hmm…  this all sounds depressingly familiar…

MAG tries to get up and running in London and all folks can do is argue about where to meet!

I’m confused, I thought you were in favour of this? It’s quite hard to read this thread as people just arguing about where to meet. Wise asked if somewhere more central could be used, two people offered ideas and now we’re grumbling about the Bike Shed (grumbling’s what MAG does, right?). If that’s all it takes to get written off as a counter-productive argument I’m not sure LB is a great place for this.

A location for a meeting has to be where people from all, directions can attend
The ace to me is a pain to get to and and pain to leave and that’s not to say I couldn’t attend I just need to plan things around family commitments
The Ace has the right facilities that you would find hard to get elsewhere in London
If a group was to get up and running for a voice of London motorcyclists then it can only be a good thing and all could benefit

Yeah, it’d be great for this to be somewhere that everyone can turn up to, but there isn’t anywhere that’s actually convenient for everybody, in much the same way as there is no time that’s great for everyone.

This will necessarily have to pick a point to meet to begin with that is convenient for some an inconvenient for others, and might move around a bit so that perhaps most people don’t get to every meeting, but everybody should manage one in four or something. But, initially, people who want to get involved and get it going will probably find themselves having to put a good deal more effort in than just pausing on their way home from work.