Coven Garden explosion? Energy cut, any info?

It may just have been (initially) an unattended item (lost property).

There’s no electricity at the restaurant my friend work and the police and fire engine is still there but by the time it’s taken for the new to report it I wold guess that nobody is hurt or it can even been an explosion non-terrorists related, like gas leaking or something? I’m really relieved now and I’m sorry if I have scared you guys. I was really worryed about Erika, my friend

Could it be a false alarm. The link below is from the Henrietta Street webcam…no cops at all, which wouldn’t be the case if there had been any kind of bomb issue!

http://www.camvista.com/england/london/porters.php

What’s up then?

Not heard about anything Holborn/Bloomsbury way cos i’m working there… heard the 7th July bus go up tho that was an awful sound… hope your friend’s okay Cez…

Just spoke to her again, she’s okay but scared! There was an explosion, in her words very loud and the police and fire engine were all over, the energy was cut on the bussines around including the restaurant where she works, The Coven Garden Grill. Obvioulsy it’s not terror related as it seems quite clear by now and not an animal rights protesters action as I innitially thought.

I’m dieing to know what was it but in another hand it was very worrying as I work near Russel Square and saw the bus min after the explosion… Not a bad sight and I don’t deal well with it…

Not sure if I get happy for her to be well and it’s not been another terror thing, or I get very ungry for the scare… !

I will change the title of this thread as I don’t want more people worrying!

That usedto be my beat many many years ago.

I do remember an under ground electrical explosion happening there when some of the old manhole covers in and around Covent Garden Piazza were all blown about 20 feet in the air - how no one was injured that day is sheer luck.

Could be something similiar ?

I would say mate that if your friend look outside and sees people still walking about then she’s got nothing to worry about. bear in mind if something bad has happened (any kind of terrorist incident) then exclusion zones are set up and everyone is cleared for safety and forensics.

Did someone not mention a Fire in Tavistock Street ? That is only a thirty second walk away from Henrietta Street, could quite easily have affected electricity supply.

I’m sure all will be ok mate.

There is nothing on any news service and even a workman drilling through a power cable in the street will make a big bang. As people have said if she can see people moving about then all is well. If she’s new in town any bang is going to make her nervous perhaps thats all it was?

Remember a few weeks ago an artist placed those packages on the southern Roundabout the press were like flies round whatsit so a news blackout would have been unlikely - that just doesn’t happen.