Coven Garden explosion? Energy cut, any info?

I GOT A FRIEND THAT WORKS IN A LONDON CENTRAL RESTAURANT! A BOMB HAVE JUST EXPLODED! ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING?

*UP DATE: THERE WAS AN EXPLOSION BUT IT SEEMS TO NOT BE TERROR RELATED

yes! my friend just called desperate as she cant speak English properly! If they are jocking with me? I will kill someone! they are new in London and may don’t know how much is worry us! I cant connect to them on any of the mobiles!

can’t see anything on the news. Anyone else know

What restaurant Cezar?

That’s for real unfortnatelly! The DHL delivery guy just confirmed to me! I can’t foking remember the name of the restaurant! Trying to call her now!

Where abouts Mate?

this is killing me! all the mobiles go straight opt the box

why not just call one of the news papers news desk, mabey there is a cap on it for a while.

Nothing on the BBC or Sky news

Check web cameras on bbc, if switched off then something is usually up

Jam cam’s down on Kingsway and Holborn.

Any more on this, can’t find anything posted elsewhere on the web.

so, is this for real, or what? I called the beeb and they have heard nothing…???

Nothing so far, BBC, Sky, Aptn, PA wires, anyone tried calling Scotland Yard Press office yet? THey’d be the first to know surely…

Tavistock street and southampton street seem to be closed due to a serious fire is this the incident ?

nothing on reuters

ok not sure if a bomb went off or not but there are reports of a serious fire on Tavistock. given its a restaurant it could have been a gas explosion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/local/london.shtml

[Henrietta Street] London
both ways at Southampton Street fire
London - Tavistock Street closed both ways at the Southampton Street junction, because of a serious fire.

Last updated: 26th May 2006 at 11:18

Over an hour ago now. Fair bet to presume that its not a major thing then otherwise the media frenzy would be in meltdown by now.

OK! Is was on Henrriquieta street in Coven Garden! In front of the restaurant Coven Garden Grill at 10am today.

My friend works in the restaunrant and is there now. She’s not sure of what really happened but a small bomb was deployed there and the police has closed everything, fuy enough is still not having any media in the place. Is there a new way to deal with it and avoid publicity to the terrorists? or avoid panic?

No, your friend probably was just quicker to react and get in touch with you than the local news teams…most are based in West London, so it would probably trake an hour to get someone there…