Convicted scooter gang members subject to confiscation order

Three convicted members of a scooter gang will be subject to a confiscation order of more than £64,000 under the Proceeds of Crime Act, should they appear to acquire an extravagant lifestyle on their release from prison. 

This followed a hearing on Wednesday, 17 May, at Blackfriars Crown Court. 

Additionally, £8,925.05 plus interest also from proceeds of crime was seized from their home address and handed over to the Metropolitan Police Service. This was as a result of their general criminal conduct after the court decided that the defendants have a criminal lifestyle. 

Should the three men be seen to be living what is considered to be beyond their financial means, police will be eligible to seize assets from them to the individually allocated amounts.

Alamin Kazi, 24 (03.10.92) of Plender Street, Camden would have to forfeit £32,850. The judge gave him 28 days to contest the amount as he is still in prison. 

Khalid Kazi, 23 (25.02.94) of Plender Street, Camden was allocated a sum of £7,629.99 as a forfeiture. He is currently out under license. 

Shalim Kazi, 20 (26.09.96) of Plender Street, Camden was allocated a forfeiture payment of £23,850. He too is currently out under license.

The Kazi brothers were part of a scooter gang that stole up to 10 motorbikes and scooters a day, which they would use to snatch and steal mobile phones from pedestrians. They disposed of the scooters and bikes by selling them on to the public before being convicted on 22 July 2016.

Detective Chief Inspector Will Young, of the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command, said: "This was another fantastic result, which has not only seen a prolific gang of scooter-enabled crime taken out of action, but robust penalties put in place after release from prison. If you commit a criminal offence such as this we will catch you and bring you to justice and use every legal punishment available to bring to bear. 

"I want to send a strong message to individuals who use powered two wheelers on London’s roads to commit crime that they are making a dangerous choice, which potentially puts themselves and other members of the public, including police officers, at risk. 

“The Met is committed to the detection, disruption and arrest of those involved in moped and motor cycle theft and enabled crime and we will stem the ability of these criminals to commit these offences and ensure they will no longer be able to profit from other people’s loss.”

Following the arrest of the members of the Kazi family, after a year-long undercover police operation, moped enabled crime in parts of London dropped by a quarter, detectives say.

Blackfriars Crown Court heard how the organised gang were responsible for stealing and selling mopeds and using the bikes to rob pedestrians across Camden, Islington and Westminster.

Alamin Kazi, 23, Khalid Kazi 22, and Shalim Kazi, 19, all of Plender Street, Camden, admitted a total of 25 charges of moped enabled robbery, stealing mopeds and selling stolen mopeds between them.

The court heard all the gang members took turns at driving the mopeds or being the passenger and most robberies took place at bus stops.

They were arrested on January 28 following a year-long undercover operation by the Metropolitan Police Roads and Transport unit.

Detectives seized £195,000 of stolen property and vehicles.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “For a three-month period following the arrest of the gang, a 24 per cent decrease in thefts of motorbikes and mopeds was seen in the key boroughs of Camden, Islington, City of Westminster and Tower Hamlets.”

http://news.met.police.uk/news/convicted-scooter-gang-members-subject-to-confiscation-order-242825

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/crime-court/camden-family-gang-jailed-for-prolific-spree-of-moped-robb…

Scumbags

2 Likes

talk about keep it in the family.

Interested to see how long those orders will remain in place though. Says when the are/were released.  I think they should have to pay that back regardless anyway!!

Fucking ugly twats. A tougher sentence than what we normally see, so that’s a good sign.

Well done Fuzz! 

talk about keep it in the family.
Interested to see how long those orders will remain in place though. Says when the are/were released.  I think they should have to pay that back regardless anyway!!
The Sleeper
I'd say they had also been inbreeding in the family, they is some right fugly wankers.  I doubt that any of that money will be seized.

Interesting to see the face behind the mask, don’t seem so threatening now !

Interesting the see the face behind the mask, don't seem so threatening now !
Rusty99
Yep, but I think they need to put the mask back on!  lol

I agree, mask back on!

The Proceeds of Crime Act will follow them around for life - unless they can prove they gained it legally any asset can be seized.

Wonder if they’re related to the Kazi of Kalibar?

I bet they’ve been carrying on up the khyber while inside

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

2 Likes

I makes me wonder what would happen if you tackled one of these twats from the scooter while they were trying to rob you and they “got hurt” ?

Depends how much of them you left alive to report you…

I makes me wonder what would happen if you tackled one of these twats from the scooter while they were trying to rob you and they "got hurt" ?
Cactus
You are allowed to use 'reasonable force' to defend yourself. Reasonable is open for interpretation. 

I weight 120 kgs.  I’m not sure they would like me to tackle them and sit on them… would that be reasonable force?

You’re allowed to use reasonable force to protect yourself, your property or others.

I weight 120 kgs.  I'm not sure they would like me to tackle them and sit on them... would that be reasonable force?
makman
Don't just sit on them, but fart on them too.  Repeatedly. 

Given how inbred they look any self defence is not likely to knock any sense into them, so probably best knocking what few teeth they have left.

I weight 120 kgs.  I'm not sure they would like me to tackle them and sit on them... would that be reasonable force? makman
Don't just sit on them, but fart on them too.  Repeatedly. 
Aceman
Not too hard to do, I made a lentil bean curry this week and still have a tub of the stuff to heat up for lunch......

…they look after everybody

except their victims of course.