Coincidence?

So had the bike serviced and the first time I ride it afterwards the water pump breaks.

Are the two connected? The only thing I can think of is perhaps they changed the water and forgot to fill it up and the pump burnt out. I’ll take a look at the pump today.

Any other thoughts guys?

It’s a little hard to guess without knowing what you mean by ‘breaks’.

I doubt very much a water pump would “burnout” the bearings aren’t lubeb or cooled by the water
Your engine would overheat quite quickly
How would you term break

I doubt very much a water pump would "burnout" the bearings aren't lubeb or cooled by the water Your engine would overheat quite quickly How would you term break Wise
Came out to find a pool water under the bike mostly dripping from the sump.  Rode 6 miles to the garage. No warning lights came on, nothing unusual about the ride. Mechanic rang me the next day to say the water pump had 'broken'.

Sounds like pump seals to me

I would strongly doubt it to be a coincidence.

I had similar experience with the Terrible Triumph.  After a well known mechanic changed my chain and sprocket, I notice a leak from the left side of the toy, see below.  However, I called the mechanic back, and he came around to my home to see it.  Took the sprocket cover off and said that he’d pinched the water return pipe.  He ordered a new pipe, and came back the following day to fix it.  He admitted his error, and rectified it.  If you look at the chain, you can see tha black mark running between the rivets, which is where the return pipe had not been correctly positioned, and those rivets where touching the pipe, which quickly wore through it.

Have seen instance of not had antifreeze in ( and after a particular few hard frosts ) bike started and snapped the impeller shaft in pump .

It is a triumph…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: