Clampdown on un-roadworthy bikes catches 15 times as many cars

A police clampdown on un-roadworthy motorcycles ended up catching up to 15 times more cars than bikes. Police had warned riders in advance: 'Don’t risk it by taking to the roads without ensuring that your motorcycle is in a fully roadworthy condition.’ But only eight out of 129 vehicles caught in the three-day clampdown were motorcycles. A further 629 speeding offences were detected in the Scotland-wide operation – but only 39 involved motorcyclists.

MCN

Jesus they made 37 grand from speeding fines

Watch out Ross. Your heaps are next

In your face cagers!!! Oh hang on I’m a cager too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well done to the well behaved bikers :slight_smile:

Well behaved?

Motorcycles only make up 1% of road traffic yet represent 6% of the vehicles found in this clampdown found to be either un-roadworthy or speeding! :wink:

Alright, no one likes a smart ass :wink:

Anyway 98% of all statistics are made up!! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not a very good business model when you consider the operational costs :wink:

Its scotland !!! I used to be able to ride around for weeks and never see another biker ,in the winter that could be months .
“But only eight out of 129 vehicles caught in the three-day clampdown were motorcycles” Maybe they only stopped 8 bikes,
“A further 629 speeding offences were detected in the Scotland-wide operation – but only 39 involved motorcyclists.”…maybe only 39 bikes went past the speed trap .

I guess there is more than one road in Scotland, maybe the bikers were all on that one :smiley:

another way of looking at it was they were specifically targeting bikes but got a lot more cars!

40% of people know that

Hmmm sounds like they were targeting everyone and given we make up only 1% of traffic those numbers seem ok, even if they had a heavier onus on bikes

I don’t think the article on MCN proves or even makes a strong argument against anything?

On Sunday it looked like all the bikers in the UK were in Scotland! We drove through the Trossachs and Loch Lomond national park, and there were literally hundreds on the roads, then we came in to Inveraray (to visit the castle would you believe) and there was some sort of a bike event, hundreds more parked up all over the place.

I have to say though, the roads there are superb. I really want to take a bike up there at some point!

Don’t believethe hype, a plod reckoned my bikd was unroadworthy last year! :blink:

I only rode on one road near the limit and got 3 points and £60 on the Glasgow freeway.
Good to sit in the back of a BMW for a while as I was part way through the RBL 1000.

No Sneaky, we’ve covered this… it was under the public health act you were charged… :smiley:

hahahahaha