Cheaper way to get heated grips

I enquired at Chiswick Hinda about getting heated grips fitted to my CBF600 and was quoted £245. This is more eye watering than the cold!

Does anyone know of a more reasonable place to get them fitted (particularly in West London)? I want them wired into the ignition but do not feel able to fit them myself. I also do not want to use overgrips as they are too bulky.

I’m guessing that’s for Honda-specific grips, at a dealership. Is there a reason that, say, Oxford grips won’t go on your bike. They’re cheap, and (allegedly) easy to fit.

J&S New Malden were selling the Oxford grips for £30 back in late September (bought some whilst the sun was still out!) and they had loads. last year when I wanted grips fitting my local Piaggio dealer (Ewell Scooter Centre) charged £25 to fit them whilst carrying out a service. Next time my current bike is serviced I expect them to do a similar deal.

[]

can you believe you can buy some roxton heated grips from tescos…http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-1170.aspx.

Not that I have tried any…I am from the north, real men dont use heated grips…:w00t:

Hi call Les at LJ Motorcycle Repairs Unit D1 Swan Island Strawberry Vale Twickenham TW1 4RX Tel : 0208 8912299 he should be able to sort you out, let him know that you are from LB.