Chain lube?

Profi dry lube. :slight_smile:

Move out of the Dark Ages and get a scooter :D:P

Oops, double post.

How do I delete posts ? :unsure:

I use Silkolene chain lube - lasts well & I prefer it to the wax as I couldnt tell if it was on there or not! I try and clean the chain once a month and re-lube every couple of weeks with the Silkolene stuff. My chain & sprockets are on 14k now and the teeth are still looking good :slight_smile:

Clean the chain with Wurth cleaner then use Wurth Dry chain Lube, works extremely well and no ā€œflingā€

WD40 i thought was a way of removing oil and grease from parts so why would you use it on a chain when it needs lubrication, for cleaning yes but as a way of prolonging the wear i donā€™t get itā€¦

Each to their own i suppose.

Cheers for the responses

To be honest I rarely, if ever, clean the chain before lubing which I think is where Iā€™m going wrong. Iā€™m guessing tis does nothing to help the lube do its job, or indeed prolong the life of the chain.

Best be less lazy thenā€¦

Scotoilers are brilliantā€¦but get the touring kit as the normal one needs refilling every 500 miles. Touring kit every 4000. I had the touring kit on my CBR and it worked brilliantly. Kept the chain really clean and it didnā€™t need adjusting anywhere near as much.

When I needed it, I found Wurth to be the best by a mile.

Aye Iā€™ve got a Scottoiler on another bike and its great, chain still as new. Would look a bit dubious on this one though I think.

Best to clean it otherwise when your lubing the chain, grit and stuff sits in the lube and it all turns into an abrasive paste that just rotates around all the metal parts so you can imagine what thats doing :slight_smile:

Scottoiler here for me. Except for readjusting the chain on my ER6 at about 1kmiles, it hasnā€™t needed adjustment or any measurable difference in wear now at 9k. No need to clean the chain as it really keeps it looking like new. :smiley:

Clean with parafin,wipe over with old engine oil,

or if the chain is off the bike (I soak it in old engine oil, hang chain to allow oil to drip off, then wipe down with clean cloth, refit chain)

run bike round the block to warm up the chain,

then I lube with lube, using silkolene at present :slight_smile:

Hell thats sounds proper old school Lozza - bet you used to have it off then boil it in gearbox oil back in the day?? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep proper old school method :wink:

but If it aint broke why fix it :slight_smile:

yeah, you should see the amount of sh|t that builds up round the front sprocket

incidentally, the post earlier in this thread is from last year. my chain still has no sticky links and has done 12k miles.