Celeriac and fennel mash

So we`ve tried to give this remarkable recipe to Gordon, Jamie et al but their websites assume you want their recipes.

So this one is for you LB gourmets.

After preparation both ingredients take around 15 min.

Take a fennel bulb the size of a well worn tennis ball, chop finely and gently sweat it in a skillet with olive oil (add finely chopped garlic to taste)

Season with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.

Take one medium sized celeriac head (about 15cm diameter) Remove skin and any brown bits. Chop into approx 3cm pieces and steam for 15 min.

After 15 min combine the two and mash well.

An ideal accompanient to lamb steaks, sea bream or pork medillions with Dijon mustard Sauce.

Goes well with sauted organic chestnut mushrooms and steamed green beans.

A fine starter would be beetroot salad with herring in dill and mustard sauce.

Reccomended wine regardless of fish, lamb or pork option, three bottles of Chilian Carminare.

What time do you want us round ? :smiley:

Sorry T, we have just finished it, but we will put you as first on the list for the Jetstream BBQ (date to be decided but some time soon when the weather is fine) :slight_smile:

That will work perfectly for lunch this weekend! Cheers, Mr and Mrs Jetstream! :slight_smile:

Does the mash not fall through the holes when you BBQ it ?

Coool :smiley:

We loaded up the other halfs top box with a few goodies from Mr Marks and Mr Spencer and headed out on the bikes for a picnic, not a patch on your culinary delight but nice never the less :wink:

We’re not inviting you this weekend, you ought to be too busy finding Box Hill and the Ace for Team Greenrider:D

Luckily… I know where they both are :smiley:

All the more reason to take provisions. :wink:

Celeriac and fennel mash.

I’m not that keen on celariac, or fennel come to that.

Can I leave them out of the recipe?

Printed and on the menu for the weekend. Im hungry now. :slight_smile: