Can you spot what's wrong here?

Heh

uhmmmmm why???

Forks/mud guard/brake calipers on back to front

its a Honda

Forks/mud guard/brake calipers on back to front Tromboman
Well that's one way to ruin the fun...

ignore… wrong post

Trying to figure out if it’s for faster changes on the front, think under slung calipers on some Suzuki’s, or if he just wanted to extend the front mudguard and was too cheap to buy a fender extender.

does that explain why the distance of the wheel to the body is so close? Serrisan
it shouldn't make any difference the wheel is mounted on the same axis as the forks

& not in front or behind the forks

that is unless the yokes are mounted the wrong way round

does that explain why the distance of the wheel to the body is so close? Serrisan
it shouldn't make any difference the wheel is mounted on the same axis as the forks

Wise
Wouldn't put it past them...

Wise
Might cause additional diving, but other than that shouldn't really be an issue.

But that is a silly mistake to make.

Wise
Might cause additional diving, but other than that shouldn't really be an issue.

But that is a silly mistake to make.

Kevsta

I retracted my post because I was starting to question if that distance is indeed an issue or just the photo making it look close. Now I have no idea…

Would the post mounts be designed to work that way around? All the forces would be acting in the wrong direction.

Also, the helmet hanging off the wing mirror makes me nervous.

I’ve seen one in worse shape recently…:smirk:

Would the post mounts be designed to work that way around? All the forces would be acting in the wrong direction.aid ant, 

Also, the helmet hanging off the wing mirror makes me nervous.

monkimark
It's not realistically going to make any difference, that'll all work fine under tension. The only real scope for change is if the axle's fractionally of the centre of the fork but nobody's going to notice that anyway.

Not really sure where this apparent extra dive would come from, though

I would also think it will place a greater load on the fork bushings and stanchions . Could possible cause minor bending of stanchion under extreme continious braking ( repetitive)

Due to how the braking force is applied . It will attemp to tuck the front wheel into the bike  rather than when at rear it will go with the direction of travel. 

I would love to know their reasoning and who the feck did it 

Is it safe to then say the entire wheel is back to front…? Aren’t some tyres also directional?

I don’t really understand how the forces are going to be applied differently; they’re still effectively applied identically as far as the bottom of the fork leg is concerned, it’s just the casting that’s different really, isn’t it?

And, yeah, that tyre looks like it’s on backwards too.

Calipers are generally one direction especially if smaller and larger piston type …
Think of its location behind fork brakes applied the wheels forward motion is trying to push upwards through the pads and this resistance is enhanced by the forks as a stabiliser
Calipers to the top and front they lose that extra resistance from the forks and the brakes force is pushing the wheel backwards direction 

It's not realistically going to make any difference, that'll all work fine under tension. The only real scope for change is if the axle's fractionally of the centre of the fork but nobody's going to notice that anyway.
Big Red S
Yeah, probably, but I wouldn't want to be the man who found out that it didn't, probably fatigue would be more of a concern that outright tensile strength. There's not much metal under the bottom post to prevent it being forced down.

I’m the wrong kind of engineer to know about brakes but if that was a bracket in a bit of kit at work and it was installed 180 degrees in the wrong direction, I’d be getting it stripped and built back the right way around.

Forks/mud guard/brake calipers on back to front Tromboman
Well that's one way to ruin the fun... JAX
Well you asked the question :P