Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Just ordered this for the PC. Shame you can’t have cross platform multi-player (unless anyone know’s differently?).

This is pretty much all I’ve been playing for the past 3 or 4 weeks. I’ve not touched the single player just yet, but I love to jump on a server for some Headquarters or Domination games.

Does anyone have Xfire? If so, add me (mcbainofcof) saying you’re from LondonBikers and we’ll meet up on a server some time :slight_smile:

Jay, I assume you have a top spec PC? A game like this I would hope to be well written so that it’s not overly crippled even on lower spec PC’s but what sort of power am I looking for to run this?

Oh I hope I don’t need to upgrade yet. It’s about due but inconvenient timing :crying:

Yep, this game ROCKS :smiley:

ok I retract my statement…All my mates were banging on about how good this was on single player and as Game station were selling it for £25 I thought what the hell.Finally got round to playing it last night after a week and OMG!!! how good is this game on single player???

I also had a go on the grumpy old bastards server last night. Damn I need practice :Whistling:

I got an 8800GT last night and damn, this looks even better now! :w00t:

For example, when you get shot, or when you look down the scope, things come in and out of focus, very cool.

we now have a hardcore server 8.12.69.212:28960 different pace of game and IMHO a better game all around, both servers now tend to be empty or busy, not so much in between, so a good place to practise if there a couple of you.

I think I prefer Hardcore servers now. At first I didn’t like not having the site, but then you’re supposed to use the one on the gun anyway. Also, sometimes it takes far too many shots to kill someone, but on hardcore servers, it only takes a few bullets.

It also makes getting a UAV recon more worthwhile, as without it, you have no idea where the enemy is. Mind you, I now love playing with my ‘silent’ profile. A colt with silencer, UAV jammer and silent footsteps etc. People don’t know I’m coming :wink:

Bloody great game!! Although I am stuck on one part…it is in Act 2 - All Ghillied Up. I am about to cross the field and have to hide from the passing troops. Any ideas how to do it as it is really p**sing me off now.

I seem to always get spotted and with 2 against about 20 of them its a little of a no-winner??

Ideas on a post card?? :slight_smile:

that bit took me ages to get past, you just have to ever so slowly move out of the way of the soldiers

just got to put the hours in and try and hold onto your temper!!!

you need to stick to the ass of the guy in front …as close as you can, and mirror him

Fantastic game, but i found it a little too easy to complete?

The level youre on about is probably the best in the game - just wait to see how it develops!!

Passed!! I tried following him and kept getting caught, so I tried hiding behind the trees on the left…perfect went undetected!

Why is this game so addictive? I never normally play games but I am really hooked! :slight_smile:

try it on “veteran” level, if that is still easy, turn off the hacks :P:P:P

I’m just playing back through it again on “hardened” mode. You’re right, it is addictive and runs very well even on a reasonably old system. My X800 XT runs full graphics (less the smooth smoke option) on 2048x1024 without a problem. I was really surprised at that.

Ironic that Splinter Cell Double Agent won’t work at all then. (The X800 XT doesn’t support shader model 3.0)

this game is brilliant, with decent graphics card and everything on max, its like watching a movie (or bbc!)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2901-Zero-Punctuation-Call-of-Duty-4

yup, best way to play this game is on Veteran level, my missus finished it on easy in about 5 hours max

This game is awesome, best game ive every played, and like you said yourself when its maxed out at a high resolution the detail is absolutely gorgeous :slight_smile: