California Superbike School Level 2 - Bedford Autodrome

@pricetta and I completed Level 2 of the California Superbike School at Bedford Autodrome on Wednesday. We both came away absolutely buzzing, and that was despite it raining at lunch time and creating some extremely iffy conditions for a couple of sessions.

The day was mostly focused on continuing to improve our vision skills - which might sound a bit silly, but are actually very applicable techniques they teach and are absolutely practical and help 100% to become more accurate, consistent and faster.

The end of the day ended on a drill to improve braking through a couple of techniques, including trail braking into corners to build confidence and keep the bike’s geometry consistent through the turn. Something I personally do on sharper corners, but hardly ever on more open, faster and sweeping corners. This really help improve corner entry speed and confidence. Wow. What a day.

As usual, first-class organisation, run by really lovely people and attended by people who are so up for the day ahead and really helpful to one-another.

Sadly, that was the last event of the year, so we’ll have to wait until next year to do our Level 3 and Level 4 courses. Thankfully we have a trackday coming up in a couple of weeks at Brands Hatch GP (what a circuit) to practice our learned techniques.

Again, if anyone is thinking they want to improve their fast bike skills, whether that’s for the road, or the track, you can no better than going along on a California Superbike School day. They are the best at what they do and create a really supportive atmosphere for you to learn, regardless of your experience or machinery level.

Some photos from the day…

Packed. Let’s go!

Arrived at Bedford!

First thing in the morning, waiting for things to get going. It’s a little nippy at this point.

Our bikes with the resident data technician checking our bike telemetry, etc.

Waiting for the rain to stop

The coaches huddle to find out from the safety car to see how slippery it was after it had rained. Answer: VERY!

Packing up at the end of the day

Our Coach, Scott overtaking me after following to assess my technique

Claire with her coach following to assess her practicing on the technique for that session. Looking good girl!!

Claire working on getting low on the bike. Great job!

Claire getting some instruction from her coach, Scott (great coach!)

No brakes!

3 Likes

Happy days