Bus Lane Code of Conduct

Good post, i was actually thinking of putting up something similar. Despite what you may think of cyclists, they’re still vulnerable on the roads, just like us and having been an avid cyclist in the past, i can vouch for the fact that its bloody terrifying having a bike scream past you with inches to spare, bus lane or not.

Its up to all of us to act responsibly, earn our right to use them and not give any more ammunition or bad press to the cycling organisations lobbying to have us excluded again.

not meaning to relieve myself on your parade but why aren’t you riding like this already?

surely careful and considerate riding to avoid accidents and injury to ourselves and others is what we do every time we turn our wheels.

The thing to do is check that little blue sign before the bus lane and during the bus lane.

Also given how rabid the cycle has been over this, I would extra cautious around cyclists as they may take things into there own hands to prove how dangerous this all is and deliberately cut motorcyclists up.

I agree absolutely - but not everyone behaves themselves and I don’t want the first real gain for riders for years ruined be a few idiots as any transgressions will be used against us all.