Brands GP Monday 26th July

CSS was great fun, and learned a fair bit - thanks! :smiley: I think by the end I was a fair bit faster on most corners than I was at the first track day. Much to my surprise in some ways I got more out of the classrooms & track drills than the actual bike-instructors. In some ways the No-Limits instructors seemed more “free” to give advice, rather than being concerned at stepping into the “next level”.

6ft LondonBiker Lady on Suzuki/Ducati 1098 with White/Blue MHP Van (!?!), I’ll definitely say “hi” :smiley: Save me a corner in the garage if you can :wink: Gosh these track days are addictive!

Have a lovely time boys and girls. :slight_smile:

Why do I find that so arousing?

Pete, behave :smiley:

Have a great time guys. The GP circuit is fantastic. When you do the corner onto the back straight (Surtees from memory) you want to be all the way across to the right of the track and turn as late as you can - REEEEAAAALLLLLYYYY late. That way you get a good line up the hill and don’t run out of track (or highside). Most people turn in too early and they’re so far banked over that they can’t get on the power. I’ve passed many bikes there, just by being able to get hard on the throttle earlier.

Wheelies, up that hill, cranked over - awesome!

Hi Jerry, thanks for the tips! I certainly learned more about late turning at CSS :slight_smile: I was almost shocked how fast I was taking that first downhill corner by the end :smiley: I’ll try and be extra late for Surtees too.

I look forward to seeing the rest of you guys on the track in the near future as well! :slight_smile:

because you’re a weird fish!

good to see you both! i’m all brandsed out!! :smiley:

Awesome day, and very nice to meet Powerpuffgirl and friends.

Brands GP was expensive … but gosh, a different track to learn. I’m getting faster. Not sure that’s saying much … but at least I’m overtaking some now :wink:

Great to see Jewell pop down for a chat too :slight_smile:

Oh, and my experiment of the day was a £30 video recorder from Argos taped to the front of the bike for a laugh - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5634316/Trail/searchtext>VIVITAR.htm

Cheers, and here’s to more!

Alex

PS - there was a group photo taken, but me and powerpuffgirl are both somehow pulling faces like Beaker off The Muppet Show, so I’ll resist posting :stuck_out_tongue:

PPS - hope to see powerpuffgirl out on a less track oriented rideout too in the near future :slight_smile:

How did that go!? I saw you taping it on and thought it was a lot more expensive!

Haha! I did warn you! Be good to see you out and about too :wink: Glad you had fun :smiley:

It went “okay” thanks. I think one 1 out of 4 videos worked okay. I’m trying to upload to YouTube, but its “too big” at the moment. I’ll put a link up if I can upload it.

The video quality is a bit uneven and “shaky” (slow/cheap scanning I guess) but you can tell what’s happening. Enough that it looks like I was doing 2mins 15secs a lap [must … get … faster!].

Taped to the front of the bike was quite good. I tried on the indicator, but that ended up pointing down at the track, which looked quite surreal to watch. :slight_smile:

Well, I’m used to me pulling funny faces in photos, but to have two of us … well :slight_smile: Yes, great time thanks :smiley:

PS - yay, I’m no longer a “pizza delivery rider” :smiley:

me neither! LOL!

How was the track? Fun? I love that corner up at the top of the circuit - Hawthornes - you can just drop into 5th and take it so quickly. Lovely!

Was there a problem in novices? I just spoke to nolimits about booking Silverstone in Aug and they mentioned a problem with fast riders in novices. Didn’t elaborate.

I can imagine a big speed differential down the straights tho.

Track was awesome, thanks Jerry!

That Hawthornes was impressive, though I was still building my confidence so am sure I could do a good bit quicker eventually.

The instructor helped me take Dingle Dell smoother which helped get past some people :slight_smile: Awesome feeling taking things wide and chopping off those “blind” corners.

I didn’t sense a huge problem in the Novices, though there were a few very fast ones in the group. I guess I did get a bit aggressively cut-up a couple of times too.

I guess the track was so packed (really full compared to the Indy day recently), that perhaps faster riders were sneaking into the novices, and there wasn’t room to bump them up to other groups.

Cheers,

Alex

PS - photos are up on http://trackdaydigitalimages.com/brands26-07-2010.html if anyone’s interested.

I pre-paid, and seems to be a few okay ones. Think my first track day ones actually looked better/faster :slight_smile:

I notice a couple of good ones of Powerpuffgirl too (hope she don’t mind me posting :wink: )