Boorman and Pavey off road course: 4 days in wales, spot of camping, surely the price is a misprint....

Ever fancied going on a massive adventure but don’t know where to start? Fancy riding to Timbuktu, when in reality navigating the around Tonbridge Wells leaves you feeling stressed? Well Charley Boorman may have the answer.

Let’s be honest, most of us have fancied getting away from the world, jacking it all in and riding off in to the sunset, but most of us don’t know where to start. Thankfully, Charley Boorman, new Bennetts ambassador, BMW riding guru and all-round adventurer knows a thing or two about getting away from the world. He’s starting the new Charley Boorman’s Adventure Bike Skills course. The great news is it’s soon – May 29 – June 01, 2013, the bad bit is it costs £3295, so you’d better be saving already…

We know that price is the cost of a decent used bike, but to be fair that price includes four days of tuition, three nights in a hotel, one night’s camping, full use of a range of BMW bikes, fuel, insurance, refreshments and meals, so when you look at it like that, and as a once in a lifetime experience, you get quite a lot for the cash.

Charley Boorman said: “People often ask me what I do to prepare for a big motorcycle adventure, so I thought it would be a great idea to show them. My ‘Adventure Bike Skills Course’ will help teach riders the skills and confidence that they need to plan their own amazing trip on two wheels. Simon Pavey was the man Ewan and I turned to when we were preparing for our Long Way Round trip, and now we’re offering riders a very similar experience. They’ll learn fantastic new skills, and we’ll have a great time celebrating with a ride-out and an overnight camp in the beautiful Brecon Beacons.”

Using Boorman and Dakar riding god Simon Pavey, the course takes place in the Brecon Beacons for a limited group of 12 riders. The guys will show you everything from how to ride a bike off-road to navigating in the wilds, motorcycle preparation, essential first aid, hostile environment training and much more.

The final night is spent camping in the woods with Boorman, where you better be on your guard as all your skills will be put to the test. But it will also be a time to relax and share stories of Boorman and Pavey’s adventures.

Simon Pavey said, “Charley and I met on Long Way Round, and we have worked together countless times since then. We spent most of 2005 together on Race to Dakar and I’m really looking forward to working together again. The combination of our travel and riding experience preparing for rallies and overland expeditions means we have a wealth of knowledge to share. If you are planning a bike adventure then these four days will help you prepare for some of the challenges you may meet, as well as having a great, fun and challenging time. I hope you can join us.”

For further information, enquiries or to book, contact Rosie on 020 7731 1499, visit www.charleyboorman.com or email: [email protected].

Is that a p*ss take? 3k to do an offroad biking course - which you and I can book for a few hundred quid - with a nights camping thrown in?

pmsl

+1 that’s a f00king joke. :slight_smile:

Phew! £3k! You can do a real adventure to Africa for that, or 2 weeks in Cambodia for £2k.

Or for about £1k you can do an amazing week of off-roading all around Wales with Dakar legends Craig Bounds and Tamsin Jones. I totally recommend!

http://www.blackdeserttraining.com/

I’m sure it will fill up with noncey GS Round the World wannabees with massive stupid panniers who dont get further than wales :laugh:

You got to be a proper cuunt to pay that kind of money, as Zander said …why not head over to Cambo and do some proper riding off road …