Booby trapped bike to kill a thief?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/dramatic-moment-motorbike-engulfed-in-flames-after-exploding-on-regent-street-a3352341.html

Says the rider appeared to have run off… was it stolen with a remote activated bomb?  Not much good if you actually want to get the bike back!

Or perhaps it’s nothing like this at all and some poor sod had a lucky escape and is now wondering WTF!

haha, that’s a fun idea. have a tracker device ignite instead of calling you. 

I’m afraid that the latter is true, a poor sod having a lucky escape.

Though would be awesome to have this in place against thieving scum

and not a single business thought about using their fire extinguishers… the land of health and safety they say…

and not a single business thought about using their fire extinguishers... the land of health and safety they say... WildBoy
Burning vehicles always explode, haven't you seen any movies?

Aparently boobie taped bikes in India isn’t uncommon, stuff like exploding valve caps.

Michael Bay ride…

I was once standing outside a country pub and witnessed a car crash. I noticed the car smoking and leaking fluid, I ran inside to collect the fire extinguisher. I actually had to argue with the owner of the pub to get it “as they are expensive to get refilled”.

and not a single business thought about using their fire extinguishers... the land of health and safety they say... WildBoy
Burning vehicles always explode, haven't you seen any movies? ILikeTurtles
There is many things that explode, for instance the Galaxy 7 that people used to film that... look at them all hardcore recording the incident on their phones fearless not minding their own little fingers

I was once standing outside a country pub and witnessed a car crash. I noticed the car smoking and leaking fluid, I ran inside to collect the fire extinguisher. I actually had to argue with the owner of the pub to get it “as they are expensive to get refilled”.

Changyammi
What a sad world we live in, you did the right thing anyway

Fire extinguishers are there only to assist escape and despite the name cannot be relied upon to put out a fire. That advice may save your life one day.

Burning vehicles always explode, haven't you seen any movies? ILikeTurtles
There is many things that explode, for instance the Galaxy 7 that people used to film that... look at them all hardcore recording the incident on their phones fearless not minding their own little fingers WildBoy
Fair point 😂

Changyammi
I guess you'd leave the Pud having too few extinguishers too! :D

I have always thought a spark plug in the fuel tank would be a great way stopping the bike getting nicked,
But with my luck I would forget to turn it off
Pin

I suspect the air/fuel mixture would be far too rich to ignite in the tank…

There is a man holding a fire extinguisher in the 2nd video.

I wouldn’t hesitate to let someone use our fire extinguisher, but hey, some people would disagree…