BMW S1000XR SE sport - Bright RED V5 JDB Stolen - Nassau Street London

I am new to this forum:

My new bike - only 7 month’s old was stolen from central london in Jan. From Nassau Street

It did have a tracker on it - police were called within 1 minute of the theft. It was tracked in real-time and police took over an hour to respond. It was taken to the Paddington Green area.

The tracker was removed at that point.

Luckily the police have photos of the people who took it and are on the look out for them!

Westminster council - not at all interested -  There is nowhere to chain the bike to in Nassau street - in fact many bike parking places have nowhere to attach the bike. 

so no more commuting from me until I find a hidden place to park. 

Sorry to here that Norksman.

But are you suggesting we tell you (advertise) all the hidden ./ secret places to park your bike … which then becomes a shopping list for ‘our friends’ from “Thieving Little Sh*ts PLC”?

It’s a shame that you got your bike taken, but it also a shame that many people only join when there is a theft…only saying

Westminster seems to be very bad at providing secure parking despite being the only borough to charge for the privilege.

If I was parking around there I’d probably look for very obvious parking rather than spaces hidden down back streets where someone could spend a bit of time cutting your lock undisturbed. There are a few spaces down near broadcasting house that are right outside the door where security are stationed and one in the middle of Portland place - at least there’s a chance of somebody investigating a bike alarm going off?

Sorry to hear this, that’s 3 people that have posted on here that have had bikes stolen from Nassau Street.

Street bays are easy picking - better to park in an NCP/QPark if there’s on nearby.

Street bays are easy picking - better to park in an NCP/QPark if there's on nearby. cjrp
Several folks here have had their bikes nicked from those places.
CCTV is almost always unavailable.

Oh yeh I wouldn’t rely on their security, but you have more chance of finding something solid to chain your bike to 

Westminster Council promised to bring in security when they introduced charging. Sadly Westminster continue to renege on that promise. Sorry to hear you and many others are still picking up the tab for that.

They have provided some security, a pity they didn’t see through their intention to provide it at all their bays (“where appropriate”, whatever that means), and they continue to fail to comply with DfT advice on this subject.