Bikesafe

just did bikesafe today - what an absolute blast…

Got to the warren at about 9 this morning after only 2 wrong turns

Had the sessions on the “system”; filtering and road positioning

then out for a ride on some of the roads in Kent - luvly dubly - then it started raining and i got soaked but no matter, those roads were worth it… tried so hard not to go over the speed limit

only one little incident which amounted to me going over a drain cover and the back end sliding out… pulled on the throttle and Little Bella straightened herself out again…

then a stop for lunch and another ride through some really gorgeous country whey hey…

afterwards a debrief and some footage on accidents - eye opening to say the least…

but all in all a fun day and would definitely recommend it to everyone…

So BIG THANKS to the Guys and Girls from Bikesafe…

and if you havent already definitely sign up for one of these…

Brilliant Abbey… I had a fab day out when I did it a couple of years ago…

Bikesafe is one of the best biking initiatives ever … nice report Abbey, where in Kent did they take you ???

Absolutely no idea…

I get lost coming home sometimes

• but it was really good…

I had a great day when I did mine at the Ace.

Try keeping up with PC Dave Carter when he wants to get a move on!

I’m off to one at The Warren next Saturday as well. Was going to see where the place was today, but had to strip down and clean the carbs as two floats were sticking and it was pissing fuel through the overflow pipes. Hopefully I’ll be able to do that tomorrow if the bike is up to it…! Good to know you enjoyed it, I’m looking forward to it as well.

Did one from the Warren a couple of years ago and had the most miserable bugger, told me I would either die or lose my licence Thanks for the encouragement then but still got both (just). Was still very useful when out of London though for positioning on bends and adding to confidence in the green areas. They took me round Bromley area to start then out to Biggin Hill and down to Westerham/Chartwell/Limpsfield Chart etc in the afternoon.

Nice one AJ

Did mine earlier in the year, got paired up with a old geezer who worked in one of the police garages, so got to listen to him and our instructor Katie (I think) talk shop ALL day. On top of that he was really slow on the road, Katie kept telling him to go faster but he was having non of it.

Was a great day, would probably do it once a year, best (and cheapest) way to keep the survival skills in check.

Jolyon

I too did mine last year from the Warren and learnt alot during the course of the day. Good thing is that when your bike insurance comes up for renewal you can mention the fact that you’ve been on a Bikesafe course and it usually qualifies you for a few quid off your premium.

i am deffo looking to do one, i mailed em about 2 months ago and didnt hear a thing. must get one booked!!!

Phone Mandy on 08452 600 650 or [email protected]

nice one abbey glad u had a blast. always a gd thing to do tht kinda thing co shey u make urslef a better rider plus dicount on insurance

i might sound like a total prat but i have heard loads about the warren but have no idea where or what it is, can anybody help?

Nice one AbbyJ! Bike-Safe is brilliant, eh! For those that haven’t done it; all the LB staff have done it, and loved it. We highly recommend doing it, no-matter what your pre-conceptions are of it, how long you’ve been riding or how you think you ride (good, bad, aggressive, passive, etc), these guys and girls will show you new ways to enjoy biking, and it’s not boring fuddy-duddy stuff either!

http://londonbikers.com/partners/bikesafe.aspx

South London. A21 then onto the A232 - Biggin Hill Airport area. It is a bit tricky to find as I was looking for it yesterday. From the M25, take A21 to London, then the A232 to West Wickham, it will be on your right hand side near Hayes Nature area. Lovely roads around that area.

www.bikesafe-london.co.uk have also got a map for the Warren there.

Got mine in 2 weeks time at the Ace. Can’t wait.

as i said went past the place twice before seeing it…

its on the right hand side - and is difficult to see - the road its on is pretty easy to find tho…

am glad to see its not only me that was not able to find it…

hehehehe

I done mine last november… worth every penny!

Did they take a photo? They took ours and e-mailed it on.

Get it posted if so…

Am looking to do one in September, most people I have spoken to have found it really helpful and enjoyed the experience