Bikes Being Lifted in the Square Mile

I’m in Lewisham and have been on the waiting list for about a year now. :frowning:

great offer redrat i’m sure day release will give it some thought BUT if she’s a fella then i’m Michael Barrymore ‘awright’:hehe::P;)

We waited near on 8 yrs for council garage…and they have done nothing but put the damn rent up every year since !!! the people who are in rented accomodation pay the same rent they paid from day one…what a bluddy cheek, just cos you own your home they say you pay more every year ! Thats like saying cos youve got a 42" telly compared to your neighbours 20" you have to pay more for the licence…(better shut up or they WILL do that !!)

Day Release…not being funny here girl, but you are going to have to think long and hard about where you are going to put that new bike you are thinking of getting? If you are leaving it on an estate and u are living at the top of the block, u are not going to hear a damn thing, if they come for it…believe me !! Its no good chaining it to a lamp post or whatever either, just ask many LBrs on here…they still had their bikes either nicked or nearly nicked cos if the scum want it, they will get it…!!

Get a tracker girl…if ur bikes worth it to you…get a tracker !! Least that way, if its being moved you should get a call from them asking if its u moving it, and u will know someones got to it (err, HOPEFULLY) you will get a call, if that should happen… i say that cos from past experiences ive been let down by them in that dept…things sorted now but only after many phone calls and moaning at them from me!!

Anyway, sort out what form of security you are going to use and try and get some place for ur bike…if poss…when i got my bike i kept going out and checking on it !! :wink:

My 99 model cbr got stolen a few days before a gypsy came to me while I was cleaning my bike asking for scrap metal. I know he did the job on me.

:crazy:

i had a honda 125 stolen from outside my door, by kids and then we had a Busa stolen after council men were round putting new roofs on council properties…we think it was one of them who called his mates and let them know…cos they tried to get another neighbours bike,but it was too big and bulky for them so they left it on its side in the street…they came back for my other blade RRY but id moved it…cant wait for one of them to pay for something legit and have another scumbag from their world of thieving, take it from them !!! See how it feels then !! Or when they have kids, for one of them to get caught stealing…but then, knowing them they prob will teach their kids to steal, to make a living !!! inbred lowlifes !!!

my bad day release :doze:

assume an it makes a ass out of u an me :hehe:

Ok, still new to biking and all… so this may be a stupid question but:

Why don’t you just chain to the next bike’s chain regardless?. Why would you need their authorisation? Presumably they shouldn’t mind as you are increasing their security as well and not really inconveniencing them.

Or is this an English thing?

I mean I’d be unbothered (or even delighted) if came back to my bike and found that someone else chained himself to my chain (again, the chain… not the bike).

i been thinking about this too, and everytime i go to park my bike i’ll only put it in bays with those anchor rails. if you have a decent chain they wont usually bother as it will take too long/make noise for them to take the bike.[almax is usually a good deterrent i think!]

I am in SE London too. Almax + Tree is normally a good enough deterent. I still check each morning though. I’ve had one bike gone, but they broke into the house for the keys on that time.