Biker jailed

No worries. I’m not in it so I won’t/don’t understand.

I’ll bring my spray cans to the lb trackday and write my name on your fairing tho…only because I know you’ll understand :P:w00t: (that was a joke by the way…lol)

btw…alot of writers…hold down very good jobs…so they are tax payers too:P you’d be suprised who paints.

haha better be!

cos i wont use spray on yours…i’ll use my ink mix…and you will NEVER get it off:P #46 all over it:w00t::smiley:

Gun - made of metal, travels at high speed, and in the wrong hands/with misuse can kill people

Vehicle - made of metal, travels at high speed, and in the wrong hands/with misuse can kill people.

Clearly this is OTT sentence, when you compare the sentence given to someone Texting on a mobile phone who killed people. Ok it was wet and he was speeding but as others have said no one got hurt, they could have but they didn’t.

r

gun- infact its not the gun is it, its teh bullet…wich to hurt someone has to be aimed and fired at them, ie the person pulls the trigger.

Vehicle- is diffrent isnt it? yes it could be a lethal weapon in the wrong hands, but its not done DELIBRATELY is it, accidents can be…alot of teh time…coincedence.

with speed not always teh factor.

either way jailing the fella is still stoooopid.

thats what im trying to say! the long winded way tho…:smiley:

Six months is steep. It was stupid riding, but wouldn’t community service have been a better option, or even a suspended sentence. Just adds fuel to the anti biker brigade, yet again!

Yet another OTT sentence handed to what seems to be a decent guy for making a mistake. as I understand it he wasn’t riding at a sustained 120mph or whatever ( in the video he certainly doesn’t look like he is going that quickly) and he looked like he was well in control .

Stupid yes. Criminal…no.

Madness…Yet again the law is an ass .

Maybe if he got off on a technicality all would be well ;):stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, sorry. Parent here.

The last thread about this covered this too.

Why do people think it ok to ride well above the limit if solo? Surely that’s dangerous. Is the possible outcome not similar as you could kill a kid belonging to someone else? :ermm:

As a lot of those who object to his riding do this regularly.

Hardly like ragging around on an old RD at a ton 2up like we all used to is it? :crazy: This guy has experience and a stable bike but obviously should of had the minor better protected. Great how this is mentioned in the story but not insisted on by law IMO

I’ll continue to take Rob pillion at various speeds and still class myself as a good parent sharing my knowledge bulit up over years :cool:

Watched road wars last night and can’t spot any consistency in the punishments people receive for road offences which are far more dangerous IMO

So as you can gather I think the prison option is well over the top in this instance :wink:

pukka post:) if i werent such a tongue tied cockney, that what i would have posted!:D…oh and i have no kids yet…(world breathes a sigh of relief!):smiley:

I don’t agree with his actions on the basis of carrying a minor without the proper gear on. Having a little kid myself, it just worries me.

I think he should have had a 2 year suspended sentence - get caught speeding within that time frame and off to jail you go. I can bet he’ll be checking his speedo after that!

I understand there will be mixed opinions on this thread. :slight_smile:

Lots of people have been hurt by accidents involving guns and bullets, and the same was people have been deliberately hurt by cars. Too many examples to say one is exactly the same as the other, but then to say the comparison is silly is not valid either.

Notice I have not said agree/disagree with the debate, just the statement quoted :slight_smile:

So this guy has been jailed due to “The potential consequences” of a victimless crime?

It wasn’t such a clever thing to do, given the wet conditions and the lad on the back - but a custodial sentence is out of order.

It was HIS bike, taxed, insured and all above board.

The fact is, in this country, the law is increasing only enforced on one sector of society - those that are, in the main, decent law abiding folk.

to be fair comparisons with people with guns out to cause meaningful harm are just pointless…guns are made to kill and do so, bikes are not but do so through various choices people make…but non of those choice are based around the intent to do harm…entirely the oppositte in reality…

No way is a jail sentence legitimate for a person doing nothing more than travelling faster than the general public want them to. Hit anything at the posted speed limit of 70 mph and you are likely to be dead, it dont matter much above 50mph consequeces are mostly the same…

This jail sentence is not about speed or safety its about bikers ingoring the so called law, (as we all do supposedly) and the LAW trying to make examples of those caught to stop us having fun. (oh but its really about the disproportionate accidents that bikers have relative to the number of us on the road…yes of course it is guv…NOT)

I said this the other day and have done on many occasions, in the UK today everysingle one of us has likely committed an offence that would make us liable for a jail sentence. this country has forgotten what law is about,

in my opinion, its about protecting the people so that we can live a free life. Free from persecution from the LAW is primary in this…freedom from persecution by the police, is implicite, and freedom from the ability of an individual to control all of our lives with the stroke of a pen…

Freedom surely means less laws, not more…civilisation means less laws not more…

we live in a demoralised, insensitive, angry society and the LAW in the UK and in other countries is fuelling discontent…anarchy here we come…its not far away…

If i had my way there would be very few laws…but woe betide you break the serious ones…bye bye mister or mrs…

I beleive that the brainwashing going on today is so obvious in the statements made by people on here, many of you are coming to the conclusion that the law wants you to, not what we should be coming too…

Okay I tried not to start but couldnt help myself, I am now sending myself off to the corner to be by myself and stop inciting anarchy (classed I think as high treason and still punishable by death) oops

Great post 2 strokes - thanks.

Here here! Thanks very much :cool:

‘Bennett, who was divorced from the boy’s mother, had just picked his son up from his mum’s for a visit in April last year, when he was caught speeding.’

Jail time is so not needed in this situation! What happend to that speed awareness course?

I agree he was a plum for traveling that fast in the wet with his boy in no leathers and should recieve a punishment but not jail time. I bet he had to have the boy home by a certain time or he’d mess up his visiting rights, I also bet he peaked at 120mph for a moment and had a much slower average, but thats speculation.

Lucky he didnt have a small number plate or those ILEGAL blue lights on the front of his bike :w00t: They might of sent him to live in Austrailia or cut his hands off or hung him!!

I’m really not sure how I stand on this one. I personally think it’s stupid that he gets put into prison when there are people walking free from much more serious charges. Although in my opinion all laws in Britain should be tightened and maybe the 4 month jail term wouldn’t seem as bad if people who commit much worse crimes didn’t only get a slap on the wrist.