Biker down :(

painful, know what’s it’s like with the ole back!

Get well soon pal!!!

I don’t know the rider, but thought and best wishes go to him and his family

Reading through a few forums it’s not been a good weekend for riders of all ages.

Chevrons? Because you’re allowed to! as long as it’s not a bound by a solid line.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Ouchy!

Diagonal lines bounded by dotted white lines are OK (but watch for debris).

Chevrons are out of bounds, HC rule 109…

Sorry to hear about this Ben, send him my regards for a good recovery, sliding onto an oncoming car is one of my worst nightmares!

so sorry to hear that ,hope he get better soon…

doesnt the wording go along the lines, ‘do not enter these areas unless unavoidable’ cant remeber the exact wording…anyone got the wording to post for us all…would be good…the biggest issue is exactly what our friend hit, gravel, left there because no one except us knowledgeable road users (read bikers) enter these areas…and as I said in my post other crap…

ouch,

Pass on my best fella and wish him a speedy recovery from me…

yeash, most people have some sort of drop in their first year but thats a big one

hope he mends up fast

There is a difference between diagonal lines (allowed) and chevrons (not allowed except to avoid a danger). Also, even when there are diagonal lines they will have either a broken line (allowed when necessary (for example, overtaking)) or an unbroken line (only allowed to avoid a danger).

The text of the HC is available here - http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/

"109: Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road. These are to separate traffic lanes or to protect traffic turning right. If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so. If the area is marked with diagonal stripes and bordered by solid white lines, you should not enter it except in an emergency. If the area is marked with chevrons and bordered by solid white lines you MUST NOT enter it except in an emergency.
Laws MT(E&W)R regs 5,9,10 & 16, MT(S)R regs 4,8,9 & 14, RTA sect 36 & TSRGD 10(1) "

Sad to read of another off, sounds bad mate. Glad it was the bike under the car though and not your friend. They should really clean those chevrons out once in a while though, whether its legal to go in to them or not. Please send my best wishes for a quick recovery!

Sounds awful, get well soon mate…

GWS and best wishes to your mate.

Sorry to hear this…Seems to have been loads of offs recently.

Hope your mate gets well soon.

Did I say you weren’t allowed to ride over chevrons?

I just said that it’s best to avoid them because they are slippery and full of nice things that will get stuck in your tyres

Ben,

Pass best wishes onto your mate, and hope he recovers fully, albeit slowly!

Take it easy out there peeps!

Gravel/chevrons/ anything not regularly driven/ridden over are gonna be a risk.

Likewise Ben, pass on my Best Wishes to Monsterdaz.

Best wishes to the poor dude for a speedy recovery.

…get well soon pal…and rest of u…take care

Thanks for all the messgaes of support peeps. Hes doing well and will be really pleased to read the messages off of here.