BIKE STOLEN

Really sorry to hear of your problems.
I know it sounds stupid, but I remember reading it is not an absolute requirement to have a passport to travel, particularly in the EU. It just eases the process. There are procedures whereby the immigration authorities can contact the destination airport and get approval to let you onto the plane. It might be difficult for your children, but yor wife should be able to at least get home. You will need to make some calls, but its possible.
Good luck.

Furkin kleptomaniacs, leaves the feeling of sick in my throat, i hate them. Get a life, save some money and buy your own. Your loss and family are in my thoughts at this terrible time.

How much is it gonna cost in total to get the wife over to Hungary?

Can LB’ers rally around to help this guy out?

Don’t have a lot of spare cash at the mo, but I’d be willing to contribute some…

I willing to help out if it will help. Sorry to hear about all this.

Time for this thieving bastards, to start having limbs broken. I got burgled and had two further attempts. It really makes my blood boil, to think that they got away scot free, police never even turned up, just the soco, second time nobody, third time didn’t even bother.

Makman…I’ve received a few offers from people willing to help out.

Can you pm me some details like the full name of the person travelling, from which airport and to which airport.

I’ll try to get a few people to donate.

Hope we can help.

All who are willing to donate, can you PM me please with how much

All my thoughts on this matter have been said.

Fast track same day passport costs 114 pounds sterling if thays any help fella .

Hope things gets sorted for your wifes sake.

Sorry to hear about this…thieving scum.

PM me if you need the passport photos i’ll get them sorted for you.

People, my wife and I are very touched and greatly appreciate the support. We have found that the airline, Malev, will in this instance allow us to use this flight at a later stage for an admin cost of £30 per person, so only £90 to sort it out. Phew. We found a certified copy of my wifes passport, so will be off to the Hungarian embassy tomorrow to get this sorted. Should only cost £50 or so. The childrens passports will be sorted out in two weeks, so that is okay as well. A member of my brothers church gave him £100 to give to us for the children’s passports. So all ends have been met in a truly wonderful way. In my case and words, God is good. Still unhappy about the bike having gone etc…, but there is light at the end of the tunnel on the important things.

Good to hear.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune about the loss of car, bike and passports…My bike was stolen last monday also…these theives seem to be never caught as it is a low priority crime untill one day they kill someone…

Am glad to hear that things are starting to look better for you. Hope that things get better for you and the tea leaves are caught.

So sorry to hear this makman, have just sent you pm but ought to have read the 2nd page before I did ! Offer still stands though.

PM sent mate:)

I wish I’d read this before going off on one!

Great to hear its sorted:D

hello again people. Your offers have been a huge lift and it is just fantastic to know that there are so many kind generous people out there, and we have not even met face to face! :smiley: (I’m so ugly I have not wanted to scare anyone… :wink:

Seriously, thanks for all the offeres of help. We are hoping to get the childrens passports sorted in two weeks. Against the odds, my wifes father is stabilising at present. :smiley: My wife has found a certified photocopy of her license, so we should get that sorted very soon.

The airline has said that we can re-use the booked flights for a fee of £90, so what a result! All in all, things are just working out. Now all I need to do is hear that my lovely Triumph has been recovered with no damage and lots of finger prints to nail the culprits. It is fully datatagged, which makes me think it is now out of the country due to being to hard to shift here in the UK.

Cheers and thanks again. I will make the effort to get to Borough Market soon. Perhaps even tomorrow! Look for a tallish, lanky bloke going bald, with a scruffy beard, glasses and hearing aid. I’m back on the trains to hell, so think of a poor sad commuter! I’ve turned my brother down on the offer of his Virago 1100, as it is just too mint and perfect for commuting in London.

Glad to hear things are looking up fella, let us know if you need a hand with anything :wink: