Bike respray

Hi I’ve just brought myself a second bike a fireblade 96 model off my brother for £600.00 all it needs is a new clutch and a respray.i was wondering if anybody could recommend a good paint sprayer also the bike uses abit of oil that I will have to investigate when my brother drops the bike off to me cheers guys.

Congratulations, sounds like a snip at that price or is there a token of brotherly love in there?

You need to re-order your priorities, first things first. The burning oil will be the main issue and you should get that sorted before moving onto the clutch and any other mechanical issues. Last but not least, once you know what’s what and its mechanical sound you can throw some hard earned at the cosmetics.

Assuming the engine is not clanging, banging or knocking (indicating there are no issues with the crankshaft, camshafts, big ends, little ends etc.) the most logical first course of action would be to test the compression.

National treasure has a point there.
Better to get the heart checked first before you go have plastic surgery.

I can recommend scorch motorcycle for mechanical and spraying

https://m.facebook.com/Scorch-Motorcycle-Services-614874145288741/?locale2=en_GB

Take it to scorch and he can do both the mechanics and the Spraying

+1 Scorch

Where is Scorch these days though? Everyone here says Chesham. His FB says Chesham. But getting directions from his FB page takes you to Watford.

???

He and DRBikes are in Chesham

Where is Scorch these days though? Everyone here says Chesham. His FB says Chesham. But getting directions from his FB page takes you to Watford. ??? Janey
We are in Chesham postcode is HP5 3PF maybe he needs to update his fb maps or something we done ours when first moved so if have trouble finding him just look us up :) 

Ta for the clarification. You’re now on my Google maps “favourites” :grinning:

Thanks everyone for your advise i will get the engine sorted 1st!
The engine is smooth no knocks or anything and it doesn’t smoke i will contact scorch and see if he can have a look at the mechanics 

with regards to paint, it’s often easier and cheaper to buy a set of chinese fairings and sell your originals

My friend done that and it didn’t fit perfectly

Definitely scorch. Look what he did to my old Blade. I bought a set of Chinese fairings and he painted the tank to match. It’s a work of art, the piping lines all dead straight… lovely

Attachments

Oh and he did the wheels too.

Wow that does look nice how much did he charge to spray your Honda?

Think is first time ever been on anyone’s favourites list :joy:

Rumour has it that you’re now very experienced in fixing 675s, so you’re handy peeps to know.

I’ve heard they’ve had much practice in putting one back together.

Here’s the blade it is now with swallow motorcycles having the engine checked and once the engine is sorted I’m gonna get Tim to respray it

Attachments

Attachments