Bike Jack - Warning - Bromley / South East London!

ratty, i know how much being stabbed hurts, and yeah,…it aint funny. the thing is mate,…when will it stop if nothing is done,…ok so you’ll get an insurance payout…big woop…couple months later,…the same two shits will jack you again…and so the cycle repeats!!! if we do nothing, then nothing gets done. im off to the shed to study some law and potential protective objects…mini gun anyone???

i wasn’t suggesting we should try and call for back up,…just saying that it only takes a few, committed to it,…and hey presto,…the jackers notice a pattern in people not standing for it anymore…

i know its risky,…but if it isn’t dangerous,…it isn’t fun.

plus,…i have already emailed chuck norris,…he’s in…

Whatever is done, you probably don’t want to publicise it too much.

Saying that a You tube video of a bike thief with his eye hanging out of the socket after foot / face interface would be pretty cool and get the message across better than anything else.

jeeeezus, this is bloody wrong, what a shame,i truly hope they get caught!!

Jeez this is getting like the wild west. I need to carry a Gat FFS :angry:

This is the police’s advice for protecting your vehicle including car jacking :angry: http://www.psni.police.uk/be_safe_be_secure.pdf

Fecking infuriating :frowning:

dude i dont think you will frighten them, i really dont…

plus, jacking is a very random thing, not like you know when its gonna happen is it, best thing…is they will pick on the wrong person, and get a a proper kicking.

Not nice to hear about this and sorry for you pal.:angry:

What could you do if you think you are being tailed by a thief…well I suppose if it were me I might try to outrun them if they were on a scooter- two-up or otherwise it would come down to horsepower and riding nouse so most bikes and a lot of the riders on here probably capable…but then why risk the fines…

Another idea would be to take them on a little rideout maybe- a bimble to start with and then perhaps a bit of pace. You could have some fun and go via the lanes- see if you can shake them off that way- if you’ve got the fuel maybe a hundred miles or so out into the sticks- most likely they’ll bail or get freaked by being too far outside their 'hood. Better still take them on the motorway or find a couple of roundabouts for some kneedown practice with them in tow…maybe you know a particularly treacherous corner or hump-backed bridge they might enjoy…but wherever you go it doesn’t really matter…as long as it isn’t home and …as long as you end up at your final destination…

…your local police station.:slight_smile:

or ride to a local police station :smiley:

edit - oh you said that :frowning:

not far from Bromley myself, so will be on guard. Mate at work said that his friend got bike jacked a few weeks ago in Streatham too.

:smiley:

that would be me lol

i did once get tailed few years back, two guys on an R1, the pillion seemed t be looking too see what way i was going could see it in the mirrors, both proper rudeboys, t-shirt and jeans on and they seemed proper intent on keeping behind me, didnt want to get caught at the lights next to them so i just made progress and off i went, lost them and zig zagged through some side roads.

never happened since, but i do ride a hornet now so no worries:D

:laugh:

it’s Uzi you cock:D

he has an oozy.

hmmm too close to home.

I know this isn’t a laughing matter, but this link off that page amused me: http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/9836988.Brothel_raided_as__workman__turns_up_without_any_tools/?ref=mr

Close to me too, will keep an eye out.

Too many kids on scooters near me. Always get a bit twitchy when they are 2 up.

Got to laugh at the police commitment to motorcycle security in the picture on p35 of the attached. If you parked on the kerb in london so you could lock it to signpost - as suggested - would you get a ticket… :crazy:

I know this area well. I don’t want to come across as a **** but…the guys is on a FIREBLADE being follwed for 4 miles by 2 guys on a SCOOTER. There should have been ample opportunty around there to get away from the pr1cks. But then again, why should he endanger himself, at 5.30 roads would have been busy. He should have ridden into the police social club which isn’t far from West Wickham (The Warren). Easy for me though to sit here and talk about what I would have done. With the adrenaline pumping it’s difficult to think clearly.

How does a ped, 2up keep up with a Blade for 4 miles??? and if it did, why the hell did the guy let it?? surely he should have smelt a rat!!!

feel for the guy but come on, talk about being a bit thick!!!

hahahahahahahaha…i’ll cap you wiv my ozi innit,…little greek fella,…he’s a real bastard.

Interestingly enough, having read this thread and seen the plight of this young man and his horrible ordeal, I was biking back through SE London via New Cross / Peckham / Camberwell etc this evening and was (I thought) being tailed by two guys on a scooter. Every time I speeded up, filtered through the traffic etc they were right behind me. Eventually I was hammering along imagining they were going to pull me off my bike, whilst brandishing a carving knife, but it turned out when we got to Camberwell that they simply wanted to have a little race… Talk about an overactive imagination getting the best of me:Whistling:

I hope the guys that did this to that guy get their comeuppance and it sounds a very traumatic experience. However, it’s as well to take a sensible view, as bike jacking is not that common (as yet). It’s good to be aware, but bikes are more likely to be nicked parked outside work or the home than they are via this kind of activity.

In traffic? Unless you’re out to break the speed limit, it’s not hard for a scooter, one-up, to keep up with or outrun a big bike, especially if it’s not a year-round rider; from what I see from my SH300, most big bikes are slower around the city. Easier to wriggle through tight filtering on a scooter as the steering circle is smaller and weight is lower. But two-up, yes, that’s a little hard to credit.

well ridden 125 or bigger scoot is top dog on london roads, also not everyone can ride quick in built up areas, tis not wise too niether unless its for a reason like this, maybe he tried but couldnt lose them? getting caught up by traffic lights, cars, ped crossings etc

suffice to say its not an everyday thing people getting bike jacked…but it does happen often enough.